Though he is my step father he loved me more than his own daughter. He is strict when he should be and cool, caring , funny, loving and protective at the other times . I just couldn't see him fighting for his life at that moment because of me he took the bullet on his chest in order to save his step daughter whom he loved and he didn't cared to sacrifice his own life. I went to college like every other day and took the last bench so that no one could notice me and I could get lost in my haunting thoughts.

" You all should go to different countries to complete your final year project! As you had already been to many places in this country to know about people's psychology , now it is time to explore the psychology of the other countries .
Come on students, it's your last project and your last chance to explore the things.
So don't waste it and make a good use of it !" My professor said and the whole class is happy with the new exciting project except me.

I  got to my home with Eric on the whole way she kept rambling about some random things to which I just nodded or hammed in response.  We sat on the couch and my mum came with two mugs of coffee. I thanked you her in silence and I started sipping my coffee .

"Where do you think we should go ? " Eric asked excitedly sipping her coffee.

" I don't want to go anywhere." I said bluntly

"What ?" She almost choked her coffee.

" Eric I don't think I can leave my house ." I said trying to push away the painful memories of the places I visited with him and I had no strength to go out of my house mainly my room.

" I think you should go and socialize more with people !
I know Princess it's difficult to stitch your broken heart again to normal and it hurts to restitch it again but you should learn to handle your pain by yourself !No one else will bear it for you .
What happened to you princess?
I never raised you like a coward !You are my little tigress and always will be ! " My dad said sitting beside me  and I snuggled into his chest like a little girl which I always do whenever I was sad and he kept his hand around me protectively like Alvin used to do.

From the past 20 years whenever my dad calls me Princess it makes me happy but these days whenever he calls you princess the word reminds me of the man whom I am trying to forget every second of my life but unable to.

"But dad...!" I started but got off when my dad got off from the couch and said,
No more discussions Aura!
If I said you should go then you should !
My decision is final!"
This is the second time hearing my name from his mouth . The first time was when I was a kid and got expelled from the school because of fighting with the boys who bullied Eric. If he calls me by my name that means he is very angry with me and I should obey him. I had no strength to anger him so I just nodded in defeat. Eric was more than happy that I agreed to go with her.

" So where shall we go to complete our final project? " She asked in showing her sparkling  white teeth .

"Anywhere Eric!
It doesn't matter to me anymore." I said sipping the last sip  of my coffee

" OK, then I will decide!" she said and I just nodded it she started searching for more places and suddenly she screamed .

"What happened now ? I asked with least interest.

" I have decided!" she said happily.

"Hmm! " Was that all I managed to say.

" Don't you want to know where we are going?" She asked sitting beside me and facing me .

"You are anyway going to tell me if even I didn't ask to you .
Am I wrong ? " I said trying to smile.

" You are not Aura!
My best friend knows me too well to go wrong ." She said kissing my cheek. I chuckled a little at her and asked
"So where have you decided ?"

"Italy!" she screamed making my mum and dad come out of the room .

"That is a very good place to explore and study Erica.
I also have a friend there so there is nothing to worry about your stay . " my dad said sitting on the coach behind me .

"Who is that?
Do I know him ? " My mum asked my dad and he nodded .

Do you remember Martin from our college days? My dad asked  my mum to which she gave him a confusion look for a moment and at last said ,
Is he that lean, tall guy who came in the middle of the year? she asked that and he said,
" Yes, you are right. I am in contact with him from the past years he is very rich now and lives with his daughter in Italy . "

"That's great ! "
my mum said and my dad and Eric nodded in response as I just watched them in silence.

" So when are you going to leave?" my dad asked looking at his phone to book tickets .

" May be tomorrow morning ." Eric said and I didn't say anything because they will not listen to me anyways and if I'm going to leave this place then why not now. I thought to myself and my dad booked our plane tickets immediately .

My mum and little sister helped me in packing my things and I was all set to go. This is my last night in my room and I don't know when I will come back so I curled up in my bed and started watching the walls which is my routine at nights from the past few months. It is four in the morning and I got up from the bed headed towards my bathroom and took a hot shower  and wore my white floral knee length dress with my matching flats . I didn't mind to put makeup and walked downstairs with my packed bags only to see my whole family waiting for me .I am more shocked to see my little brother and little sister rubbing their sleepy eyes but as soon as saw me they stopped rubbing their eyes and smiled  which obviously I returned back . I mean who can say no to such cutiepies. I hugged get them both and  my little brother give me his candies along with a kiss on my cheek . Actually he never shares his candies with me and we also fight for those candies but now he is willfully giving his candies to me . My little sister handed me a card return , miss you and come back soon. I smiled and cried at the same time. I give a kiss on her cheek and hugged get them both again saying I miss you too so much . I hugged my mum and cried with her . I pulled back from my mum and stood in front of my dad with my eyes facing the ground .

''Princess leave all your sadness here and give your life a chance which is waiting to embrace you from the past few months .
Don't carry the broken things with you as they will really hurt you . " He said and pulled me into a hug .I cried into his chest soaking his shirt completely. I told everything to dad when he came into conscious as I know I can't keep it from my support system , my dad!

" Promise me princess, you will learn to live again ? " He asked pulling away and wiping my tears.

" I promise."  I said and I turned as the sound of eric's car horn making me dead.

"I will go now!" I said and my dad helped with me with my luggage . He kissed my forehead before I got into the car . I said bye to them and we headed it to the airport we got in the plane after an hour and I relaxed in myself at the business class comfortable seats .I promised my dad that I will try to forget him and try to live my life

But I know It's not possible to do
that!

Plz vote and comment.
Doesn't this story deserve to be appreciated?
How about Alvin POV?
Does it sounds good?

Hi dear aliens.

How was the chapter?

I'm planning a surprise for Valentine's Day!
I'm very excited for it.

My question : What makes you feel worthless?

My previous question : Are you single this Valentine's Day.
My answer : yes!

Keep smiling.