ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10

"HEY, THAT WAS CHEATING?" exclaimed Jeremy for the nth time that day. Poor sod!

"No, Jeremy. You are just a sour loser," I responded, ruffling his hair.

"I am not a loser," Jeremy said, swatting my hand, which caused me to pout. "I should've said no to use your vampire reflexes," he continued, cursing himself.

Just then, we heard the doorbell ring.

"I thought you said Jenna went for a dinner party at Damon's," questioned Jeremy, confused. His eyebrows furrowed in thought.

"I did. That would be Bonnie and Caroline," I said, hearing them talk outside the door, thanks to my Vampire hearing.

"Oh!" he exclaimed, getting up to answered the door while I just stayed put. Now I should deal with a chatty vampire and a judgy witch, I sighed to myself.

"Hey guys," I heard Jeremy greet the girls.

"Who is the girl in your room?" asked Caroline, getting straight to the point. "I am sure I heard someone."

"That would be me," I replied, speeding towards the stairs, waving at them, and only Caroline returned the greeting, just as I expected.

"Why is she here?" asked Bonnie, eyeing my posture from the end of the stairs.

"We were playing road rash," answered Jeremy, not trying to anger his crush. "I invited her." To that, Bonnie nodded, still not entirely satisfied with the idea.

"There is so much sexual tension here," Caroline said out loud, looking at Jeremy and Bonnie.

I snickered. "Totally," I said, agreeing with the blonde and the said teenagers looked away from each other. Jeremy began to cough to get rid of the awkwardness.

"So, what are you guys doing here?" Jeremy asked loudly. "Not that you should not come here or anything," he was quick to correct himself. "It's just that you won't normally come if Elena is not here—" Jeremy started saying, but I decided to help him out before the kid could make a fool of himself in front of Bonnie. I intervened, whispering next to his ear, "Jeremy, you are babbling," and he shut his mouth almost instantly.

I sighed, shaking my head. "I will get us drinks," he announced aloud, walking into the kitchen.

"He is going to ask you out real soon," I couldn't help but inform Bonnie, and Caroline nodded her head in agreement.

"What?" Bonnie stuttered.

"Did I stutter?" I asked, deadpan.

"You are delusional," she scoffed, denying almost immediately.

"Really? How about a bet then. If he asks you to be his girlfriend, you will owe me one," I said, and before she could reply to me, my phone rang. I excused myself, raising my index finger as I said, "—one minute."