12

Jenna's POV

At 7am, the alarm goes off alerting me to my new position as a maid in the Hilton house. I know I made my bed and have to lie in it. I wasn't expecting my Uncle to put back in a Maid position because of what I've done to his daughter and wife.

There's banging on the door followed by someone yelling. "Jenna, get your ass out here now."

Climbing out of bed I walk to the door and open it. Claudia is standing on the other side and she a dustpan and broom in her hands. "I need you to clean the dining room before the family has breakfast. You have half an hour to make it clean." She leaves the supplies by the door and walks away."

I can't get all that done before the family make their way down for breakfast. The dining room is huge and it normally takes a team of two to complete the work.

I know I wasn't nice to them from the beginning, but now I have to suffer the consequences of being a bad person. Especially, to those that do a lot for the family.

Uncle Daniel orders them around and they listen to him since he's the one that pays their wages. His kids also tell them what do without any complaints. For me it was harder because I used to be a maid like them and then all of sudden I was given privileges because I was part of the family.

Closing the door I quickly run over to the closet and pull out my Maid's uniform and put it on. Once I look presentable I hurry through the secret walls and get to the dining room under a minute. I open the door and enter the room.

A woman close to my age is standing in the room and she looks up as she hears the door. A smile spreads across her face. "You must be Jenna. I've heard so much about you."

I wouldn't be surprised if it's all bad.

I start sweeping the floor. "I'm sure you've been warned against me because I'm a terrible person."

She throws her head back and laughs. "I have. I prefer to give a person a benefit of a doubt. If you're nice to me than your past can stay there too."

I laugh. "I wish that were true. I was awful to a member of the family yesterday. So, that can't really be too much in the past for your liking."

She moves closer to me. Lowering her voice she says. "Just yesterday I stole candy from the jar they have on display in the dining room. Those sweets are too delicious to be wasted by this family."

Ainslie the head of the maids walk into the room and looks around. "You need to stop gossiping and get to work. The family will be down in fifteen minutes and you haven't started on the table yet." She taps the watch on her wrist. "Tick-tock." She closes the door behind her as she walks out.

The woman pulls a face. "Has she always been this hard on people?"

Yeah, she has.

After Mom passed away Ainslie was the one to take her spot. She was like a second Mom to me until I started to rebel and gain attention of those around me. Then she started to pull away from me because I wasn't acting like the girl I used to be.

"I'm Parker, btw. It's nice to meet you, Jenna."

I place my hand in hers. "You, too. We should hurry up before the family comes down for breakfast."

Parker walks over to the table and she sets up the cutlery and puts bowls onto the table with saucepans and cups. In the middle are assorted flowers. It's arranged with the female's favorite flower.

My flower has been taken out and replaced by a lily for Kadence.

Once the dining room is cleaned Parker and I walk into the kitchen. We grab plates of food and place it in front of the family members that have come down for breakfast. I don't see Kadence amongst them.