10.

Jenna's POV

The day was going great for me until dinner happened. Then everything turned to shit because I screwed up a minor detail when it came to framing my cousin for something I did.

She didn't get away unharmed when I brought Gage to the room to see the pictures I posted of him with Coden and Storm.

I purposely put targets around their faces to make it look like a target practice, but I could never really harm them.

When I pretended to be their sister it was Coden that was horrible to me, but eventually he opened up because he was missing his twin.

Coden and Kadence were thick as thieves growing up. Wherever one was the other was there too. Even their classes had to be the same. If they were separated for an hour the entire school would hear about it.

After that the teachers just put them together in the same class. They always got A's in their class. Even if they skipped a bunch of classes because they didn't want to go. Still they passed with flying colors.

At home Kadence would tutor her brother and make sure he understood things before they went to school the next day. They would answer the questions that the teacher threw out to the class and they never got a thing wrong.

I wish they helped me out when I needed it, but being the person I am I managed to pass with C's and D's.

Most of my high school time was spent cleaning up after the Hilton family and the other half was cramming my studies in. I was up until 2am, trying to figure out what was going on.

Gage looks at the wall. "What the fuck?" He yells.
Looking down the hall I see Kadence approaching with her family. When she walks into the room I say. "This is the type of person Kadence is. She needs to be locked up." My eyes land on Kadence's and I smirk.

She's in shit now.

Storm pushes her way into the room and looks closely at the photos. "You're fucked Jenna. This photo was taken today at the restaurant." She turns towards Kadence and says. "Kadence was shopping with her mother and the only person capable of something like this is you."

I'm in trouble now.

A smile spreads across Kadence's face as she says. "Karma was going to catch up to you someday and I'm glad it did now. I can't wait to see what's going to happen over dinner." She grabs her Mom's hand and she asks away.

Gage shoves me against the wall. "So, it was you that took those photos a couple years ago?" I nod. He hits the wall with his fist. "How could you do that to Kadence and I? You've known for a long time how I felt about her and now I've ruined my chances with her."

A smile spreads across my face. "That's your problem, not mine. I did what I had to. Someday, you're going to thank me for all the things I've done to."

"I'll never thank you for what you've done. You hurt an innocent person and now I have to make it up to her for believing you. She told me for years you had it out for her and I never truly believed how right she was until now." He walks away while the rest of the Hilton family look at me with disgust.

I'm glad Uncle Daniel wasn't here to witness this.

Coden place his hand on his friends arm. "Let's grab dinner. Once that's over we'll sort this out and you can talk to my sister."

"Okay," Gage says, he follow his best friend down the hall to the dining room.
I follow them closely to the room. When I get there I see a seat free next to Uncle Daniel and I take it.

Uncle Daniel doesn't look too happy that I'm sitting next to him.

He knows what I've done.

Once we're all seated Uncle Daniel clears his throat. "I'm glad where all together for dinner again. There's a lot I need to apologize for when it comes to my family." Looking into Cindy's eyes he says. "I'm sorry for everything I put you through the last couple of years. I believed in lies that were fed to me, by a child that has no good role models in their lives to learn right from wrong. A mother who wanted the child to pretend another man was the father, while the actual father got to run around with his own family. One that doesn't give a shit that they're child is running around with another family, claiming that they're hers." He turns his attention to me and adds. "This is the last family dinner you'll have with us, until you respect my wife and daughter. You've gotten a lot from me over the years and now I'm left betrayed by my niece."

Tears well in my eyes.

When I want something I usually put on waterworks and it fixes everything. I need Uncle Daniel to use his soft spot for me.

"Are you kicking me out? Where am I supposed to go? I've got no one."

Uncle Daniel mouths to Kadence. I'm sorry. Before turning his attention back to me. "You're not going anywhere, Jenna. You'll be living in the maid's quarters until I can trust you around my family. Framing my daughter for stalking isn't a good thing to do. Especially, to a guy that's been in love with Kadence since he was sixteen."

Gage opens to his mouth to say something when Kadence cuts across him. "I don't want to talk about this. Besides, things can't be fixed with pretty words." Standing up Kadence walks away from the table.

I start eating my food as Gage walks away from the table.

He looks like a lost puppy dog following her out of the room.

The family don't say much as the pick at their food and I start to feel uncomfortable sitting at the table with them.

After a while Storm stands up and Coden touches her hand. She leans down and says. "I'm going to check on Kadence. You should make sure that Gage is okay."

Coden and Storm stand up and walk away from the table.

I finish dinner just as Kadence walks into the dining room.

As I enter the kitchen I see all the people I treated badly of the last three years and they don't seem to be too happy to see me.

A girl with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes steps forward. She takes her apron off and throws it at my feet. "You can do the dishes alone. None of us want to work closely with the girl that treated us badly while she pretended to be a part of our boss's family."

The other woman in the room follows her out and I put the apron on. I start washing the dishes.

After dinner Cindy sticks her head into the kitchen and says. "You need to clear the table." Looking around the room she laughs. "It looks like you pissed off the wrong people." She walks out of the room laughing.

Stupid bitch.