5.

Mom pulls the car in front of the house where maids and butlers are waiting for us.

I climb out of the car and open the trunk. Pulling some bags out of the trunk and holding them. "I want all this stuff put in the ballroom."

"Yes, Miss Hilton." The maids and butlers say, as they collect the bags from the trunk of Mom's car.

I walk through the house with bags in my hand.

Dad's mistake is watching from the stairs and she says. "Well if it isn't the help."

Looking at her I say. "You're the help, Jenna. That's all you'll ever be in this house. The only reason my siblings let you in was because he's missed me. Now, that I'm back you're the one that's sitting on the back burner. You won't be getting anything from them."

When I get the proof she's not my father's daughter things are going to change in this house. I'll have to find a way to get some DNA from her.

I ignore her as I walk further into the house.

As soon as I enter the ballroom I see a Christmas tree in the corner and it has presents wrapped underneath it, with the names of guests that are coming.

This is my parent's way of thanking everyone for being with them throughout the year.

When I wasn't living at home they made sure to send my present to the house with a note saying how much they love and miss me.

Mom walks into the ballroom and wraps her arms around me. "Do you remember the last party you threw for us?"

A smile spreads across my face. "Yeah, I made is a disco theme and we had all the flashing lights and disco ball." I laugh. "What about when we played Stayin Alive, bus stop and Nutbush. The crowd got into that. There's one song we forgot to play that night and it was Macarena. That was a popular song in the 90s early 2000's."

Mom shakes her head. "I hated that song. You could have shown them your dance of Barbie Girl."

I laugh. "No, way. I'm not going to let people see me perform that dance ever. Besides, I don't think Coden wants to be reminded of what we got up to listening to music growing up."

Just then the door to the ballroom opens and Coden walks in. "What were you saying about me?"

Mom looks at him and a smile spreads across her face. "I was reminding your sister about the dances you used to put on for us. My favorite performance was Barbie Girl."

Storm throws her head back and laughs. "I would love to see you do that." She continues to laugh. "You'll have to perform in front of the kids."

Mom winks at her. "I'll gather the kids and they can do it now. There's no better time than the present." She walks out of the room.

Storm starts singing. "Heya, Barbie. Hi, Ken. Wanna go for a ride? Sure, thing. Jump in. I'm a Barbie Girl in a Barbie world, made out of plastic. It's fantastic."

Coden narrows his eyes at me. "You're dead, Kadence."

"I didn't do anything."

"Bullshit! What we're you talking about before I walked into the room?"

"Just reminiscing about the last party I threw. Which was the disco theme."

He shakes his head. "You shouldn't talk to Mom about stuff like that. She's going to expect this all the time."

I whisper. "We need to do this for her. Having Jenna around isn't easy for her."

Coden hugs me. "It's not easy for you either. Everything you had, she took from you. As adults she's still trying to take everything you have."

"I don't have anything she can take now. Which is a good thing."

"Gage, is coming over for dinner tonight. I'm hoping that we can get through a meal without worrying about Mom, Jenna or you ruining it for everyone."

"As long as Jenna doesn't say anything stupid then I'll be able to behave at the dinner table."

Jenna walks into the ballroom and she makes her way over to us. "I heard you two were putting on a performance for us. I can't wait to see it."

"You deal with her." I tell Coden before walking out of the ballroom and looking for Mom.

I find her talking to nieces and nephews. "Excuse me, Mom. Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Sure," she excuses herself from talking to them and follow me down the hall. "What's wrong, Kadence?"

"Do you have a DNA packet lying around?"

She nods. "I was going to use to prove that Jenna isn't your fathers child, but I haven't had a chance to access her room to take some hair."

"Great," Looking down the hall to make sure it's clear I say. "I'm going to get some hair from her brush and then you can send the packet off."

"Be safe, sweetheart."

I walk down the hall and stop in front of a door that says 'Jenna.' I jiggle the handle and find that she's locked the door. Pulling my pocket knife from the back pocket of my jeans I insert it into the door. It opens and I push the door open with my foot.

As soon as I enter the room I see pictures of Gage with girls. They have targets across their faces.

Sitting on the middle of the bed is a journal with the pages open. Walking over to the bed I pick it up and read the date on it.

This was written when Jenna was growing up. This must be her mother's.

I read the first entry.

Dearest Jenna,
                       There's so much things happening in this mansion. I know all the dirty little secrets of everyone here and there's one secret that's going to blow your mind and that's the identity of your father. Your father is...

The pen runs out and I can't see who the father is. Putting the journal back on the bed.

A piece of paper falls from the journal and I pick it up and read it.

To My Dearest Daughter,
                                              I have told many lies during my life and one of them is about your father. He isn't the owner of this house, but it's the brother, Hank Hilton. He's your true father. As long as I have known him he hasn't taken responsibility for anything he's done. For now I want you to pretend to be the daughter of this Hilton.
Love Mom
Xxxx

I knew it.

I take a picture of the letter and then walk to the bathroom and pull hair off the brush. I put it in a bag and walk out of the room, locking it behind me.

As I head down the hall I see Mom with Lucas and she's telling him about the show that we're going to put on for then.

Mom looks up as she hears me walk down the hall. "Did you get it, Kadence?"

"Yeah," I give her the bag. "I also found out something interesting too, Mom, but he's not going to believe us until we have the results."