Chapter 10 - Unwanted attention

I was awoken by Kook's shaking which made me scared that something happened.

"What's wrong?" I said with a concern being evident in my voice, "Good morning, Noona. I was told by Namjoon-hyung that we all have meeting in one hour together with boss and that I should wake you up.." he said gently.

Great, it must have been because of yesterday's events. The memories of yesterday got me annoyed already by what is yet to come.

I went to the bathroom where I changed my clothes, did my hygiene and make-up. I decided to go with a simple look which was my red tanktop along with blue jeans and a bun. It was only meeting anyways.

––At the meeting––

We were all sitting in our meeting room where we all gathered everytime we had to discuss something, and obviously, this meeting would be reflected on my photobooth from yesterday. I wasn't too thrilled because I knew that I wasn't leaving a good mark on the company that was still in the process of growing. I hated the fact that I was the reason to have a meeting because of my silly photoshoot.

"Good morning." said BangPD as he entered the room. We all stood up and bowed to him before we all could sit again.

"You all probably know why this meeting is mandatory." he said as he made eye-contact with me. I felt myself sigh. The uneasiness was slowly increasing for me.

"Kyungie became an idol scandal overnight which is a.. record.." he said, not being too happy about it as well. "And as we all know, Twitter is trending with lots of hashtags that include her name. I tried my best to make LadyMe, who is the company you were posing for, delete your picture from the social media, but as you know, it's impossible to erase it from people's phones." he looked at me sadly, "Which is why your picture is still out there, and will be forever until the hype dies down." he added with a sigh.

The atmosphere was heavy enough as it was, and I felt like I could just disappear at any moment.

"I filed a claim for privacy violations, which led LadyMe to delete your picture from their page. We did it, but you'll be the topic of the day for a while now.." he continued.

No one dared to say anything. Boys only eyed me for my reaction which was a blank stare. I didn't know what to even say, I was afraid I was leaving a big dark stain on the company's name now.

"What are your thoughts on it, Kyungie?" he asked as he continued looking at me.

I looked at him with a frustration written on my face, "I'm scared I've put the company into a bad position and because of me you all have to go through this process.. It's my fault for believing them that all pictures of me in underwear would only go to magazine before signing a contract that made sure of that.." I felt myself being at the verge of tears.

"Now, now, Kyungie.. Calm down first.." he noticed my frustration as he looked at me sympathetically, "It's my fault for assigning you to them without doing research properly, you're my responsibility and I've got to learn from my own mistakes as well. So don't blame yourself." he said as he looked me in the eyes.

I felt Jimin's hand on my thigh as he stroked it gently in reassurance, in order to make me calm.

"Even though, I'm sorry." I stood up and bowed, showing him that I mean my apology. "You've always been responsible for your actions, Kyungie. I know you mean it all well. This was just something unexpected that no one would see coming, so don't beat yourself up to it." he said with a smile.

After sitting down again, Jimin did the same thing as before - putting his hand on my thigh and stroking it.

"Otherwise.. Your song will be released tomorrow morning, Kyungie. So look forward to it, I'm proud of you." he said which made me smile, "Thank you." I bowed gratefully.