Chapter 5 - Pain relieve

Boys guided me into the bathroom where it was only 4 of us. I sat on the closed toilet as I sobbed into my hands while boys were hovering above me, stroking me gently on my back reassuringly.

"What happened, Kyungie?" asked Tae with his deep, yet worrying voice. "I'm sorry for putting up a scene like this, it's just.. when Joon mentioned something about my..." I paused while sobbing but Jin caught on, "Parents?" he asked which I nodded, "I was reminded of my past.. Because I've never.. seen my parents.. I was told that they are both dead." I let out a sob which interrupted me. Boys were patient while their strokes were getting more soothing, "I was taken into orphanage when I was 5 years old and since then.. I've come to see everything as my fault - the self-blame... I always wanted to meet my mom, or let my dad tell me that he was proud of me.. I'm so sorry you have to see this side of me." I said as I buried my face into my hands even more deeply.

The bathroom was quiet, only my sobs were heard but after a while, Jimin cleared his throat, "Kyungie.." he said with a low voice as he put his hand on my head. "I'm sorry.. I don't know what to say at this situation just... you're not alone anymore." he said soothingly as he stroked my head.

I wiped my tears as I looked up at them. They all looked broken at my crying form, after all, it was my first time crying in front of them. "You guys show me the true meaning of family, and I will be forever grateful for that." I said as more tears poured down my cheeks.

Jin leaned towards and put his hand on my cheeks while wiping tears with his thump, "Don't cry, angel. Look at me." he said as I looked straight into his eyes. His glittering eyes that were watery, made me see my own reflection in his eyes. Even if it wasn't intentional, seeing myself in his eyes made me realize that I truly mattered to boys. Since he was kneeling down in front of me, I got up from the toilet and leaped into his arms as I hugged him tightly. He returned the grip. I noticed Jimin and Tae looking at with a faint smile, "You two come here too." I said as they both leaned towards us and we all enveloped each other into hug.

After a while, we still kept hugging until there was a knock on the bathroom door, "Are you there?" asked Namjoon's voice. "Yes, hyung. Give us a moment." said Tae while Namjoon grew impatient on the other side, "Are you okay?" he asked with a concerned voice.

"Even though he said something without thinking, you can see he truly cares for others." Jimin whispered which made me smile.

We all stood up while I looked at myself into the mirror. I laughed at my horrible state: "Aish, I look so horrible.." I said as I applied cleansing water on a cotton pad while wiping my mascara off my eyes. "You're right. So that's why you shouldn't cry anymore." said Tae teasingly which made everyone smile, including me. My eyes were still red and puffy but I looked way better now. Jimin kept hugging me from behind while Jin headed towards the door. He opened them to reveal worried Namjoon at the door. Tae and Jimin who were beside me looked at Namjoon who entered the bathroom as well, "What happened?" he asked worriedly while noticing my puffy red eyes. "It's because of you, Kim Namjoon!" said Jin protectively as Joon blinked confusingly.

"It's nothing." I said while breathing out deeply. But now everyone gathered around the bathroom, "What happened?" asked confused Hobi as he came to the field of vision together with Yoongi and Jungkook. "Let's say we got to know something about Kyungie." said Tae as everyone entered the bathroom. "Was she crying?" asked Jungkook worriedly.

I felt really bad now since only Tae, Jin and Jimin knew about my past, it felt unfair to not tell the others so I made a decision: "Let's all gather in the living room." I said as everyone blinked a few times before heading there.

Everyone seemed to be understanding and patient with whatever I had to say. I was grateful for their patience, I felt bad for being the center of the attention now when we just debuted. We should be celebrating and not gloomy because of me.