"All the better," Elijah mumbled and Vincent gave him a sharp look.

"Remember what feeds you boy and let's you live this fancy life."

"This life will also in due time kill me."

"Even if you were living an honest life, you'd die from hard work anyways," Vitale laughed.

I noticed the storm brewing and so before it began I asked them to excuse us and pulled Elijah away.

"I don't really know how this thing works but I'm pretty sure if you disrespect your grandfather he'll blow your lights out."

He exhaled heavily before he's digging in his slacks pocket, pulling out the pack of cigarettes.

"If you dare smoke that shit around me I will leave right now."

"Babe please, I need to release the tension in my body."

"If you don't stop smoking them nasty ass cigarettes the only thing that's going to be in your body is cancer."

He sighs running his hand through his hair before he puts the pack back in his pocket.

"I'm sorry."

"You're always sorry."

He sighed heavily leading us into an uncomfortable silence.

He then took the pack out of his pocket as I stood watching him with my hands folded across my chest.

He pulled out all the cigarette sticks and crumpled them before throwing them and the packet in the bin.

"Good," I said smiling then patting his shoulder.

"In the time that I've known you, you've acted more like a therapist than the one I pay two hundred dollars an hour."

"Well what can I say psychology is my minor," I boasted, shrugging.

"Hello again Alyssa, I'm stealing my brother away from you for just a minute," Santino said.

"What the fuck for?" Elijah asked.

"We need to get the old man outta here now, I got news that the cops are coming, you would've already known if you would read my messages."

"Shit. Alyssa, go to my room."

I rolled my eyes before turning my back and walking off. That was until he tugged me back by my wrist.

"Please don't do that shit it really fucks me off especially when I'm just trying to protect you. I don't want you mixed up in all of this."

"I'm sorry, I'll just go."

Then I walked inside the house to watch what's about to happen through his bedroom window.

I'm sitting by the window in his room just waiting until all of a sudden I see a big bus load of swat get there ass out screaming some shit and causing chaos.

I step outside to find Elijah just as the team of officers are going inside the house.

"What are they doing?" I asked Elijah as the swat team are on every square inch of his parent's property.

"They're looking for Vitale, he's a fugitive. Wait a minute, didn't I tell you to stay in my room? Some outsider must've saw when he arrived and called them, but he's already gone," he whispered.

He grinned evilly, "I can't wait to find out who snitched."

I saw the switch in his demeanor, his eyes turned a darker shade as he made plans in his head.

No matter how many times he tells me that he does this because he has no choice, I don't believe him.

I feel that over time he has grown to enjoy this.

As soon as the search is unsuccessful for the swat team, they leave the property with disappointment tainting their faces. It was obvious that this could've been somebody's big break.

"How did they even know about the party?" I questioned.

"Someone close to us snitched to Sutherland."

"Who is he?" I asked.

"The head of the organized crime unit here in New York."

"Oh so where's your grandpa?"

"He hasn't left the country if that's what you think, he's on his way to a secret hideout house."

"You guys are unbelievable."

He chuckles at my statement but I knew his mind was definitely elsewhere.

I could tell he was more focused on getting to whomever snitched and making them pay. He was on edge, buzzing with a lot of energy.

This time the next brother who came to get him was Dante.

He whispered to his brother about how he should take me home.

While in the car I asked, "You're gonna go kill that person now aren't you?"

He looked at me, his face ridden with reluctance before responding, "I am."

I sighed drastically and when the car pulled up in the parking space of my apartment, I got out immediately and waved bye to him, forcing a smile unto my lips to let him think I was okay.

Him being the observer that he was knows I'm not, but unfortunately he has to go.

And that's when I knew right then and there that the business would always come before me and it would ultimately be our downfall.

____________________________________________