Bastard And I

I said I would rewrite this chapter and finally I did it. It's way better for me this time. Sorry to those who like the previous one more.

Chapter 14

Wei Li Lian
Lady Wei Li Lian
Princess Le-anne

"I will not have a passionate night with a man who knows not what I look like," Le-anne took guard against him. "What if you don't like what you see later on?"

"I will like it, if not love it. The tongue can paint what the eye can't see. I have a picture, already, considering that mouth of yours. A picture I like and deeply desire to have." He bit on his lip and shrugged at her non-responsiveness. "Maybe you are a little young to understand this, Beauty is the eyes' food but the soul's sorrow."

How was she too young? He looked to be in his mid-twenties while she would be twenty summers soon.

"Young Master would not mind wedding an ugly wife?"

Although he was masked by his hat she was sure that he could see everything below him with the aid of his height. He appeared to be bothered by her addressing him as 'young' than the prospect of her challenging him mentally. Smart women bother most men, Mistress Ki said.

"What is an ugly wife? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and so is ugliness. I don't think ugliness exists unless people choose it."

That had her speechless.

But he took advantage of her distracted mind, and snuck his hand onto her chin, beneath her cloth. His thumb rubbed the edge of her chin, sending waves of anticipation to wash her body.

Hazel eyes magnetic on her, he tipped her head up by her chin. "Just one night." He persuaded again, but at this moment it was his stare that was making her second guess than the words themselves. His expression was pensive yet it was so much more he was doing to her.

In their war of staring, was a battle waged for control. He wanted her to yield to him and be submissive awhile she was a stubborn donkey.

This man was feeding off on his need for control; to call the shots and direct everything. She could tell by his glassy eyes that were overwhelmed with passion, need and want for her. He was subliminally telling her to lift her head the rest of the way and kiss him. He was daring her to, eliciting her to yearn for it.

Le-anne closed her eyes to get her bearings and take charge. She thought on the way of an ostrich, if I can't see you, you can't see me.

The princess expected to be in control since she now could not see him but from the moment she closed her eyes, he was all over her. She had lost, per se.

His huge hands reached for all of her head and she shuddered as a shiver trembled her body. Her pulse was beating fast, she could collapse.

Slowly and careful with her, his fingers descended down her face, feeling every inch of her. It was his studying of a fascinating art piece.

"Double lidded eyes, bridged nose with pale skin like the rest of that small body..."

She caught her breath as his thumbs stroked her lips.

"Soft lips..."

She hoped whatever imagination he had of her full face matched with how she really looked. For the first time in her life, she felt a little bit self-conscious.

His hands suddenly fell to her waist, holding her so tightly like he was scared she would disappear. Something about his touch made her feel womanly and warm inside.

He slowly lowered his head which ended up on her forehead, the material of his cloak hat separating them.

His scent was intoxicating that breathing became labour-some. It was a mixture of different herbs and flowers that she could not exactly pinpoint each plant from the other; he just smelt good. His breath recklessly feigned her lips, steady and calm, while she was loudly gasping for air like a girl who still had not come of age. In life, she had been trained to gain control and skills over many different kinds of things but this was not one of them.

When she opened her eyes to take a peek, she saw his eyes closed. He was lost in the swamps of desire, pushing them to do the forbidden. Her heart started thudding when she angled his head to the right to kiss her.

'What am I doing? This is not right.'

Those lips were thick, a beautiful dark shade of blush pink she wanted to taste. But they couldn't do it. They couldn't kiss.

On the last second, she turned her head, letting his lips crush on her cheek instead. Indeed, they were soft lips.

He groaned, exhaling in agitation at her refusal and denial to let him have his way.

She felt his hand that rested on the arch of her back shake, a battle within him to stop himself. Le-anne was torturing him. She was a flower he couldn't have or touch.

It pained her to do it too, but she went on to place her hand on his shoulder, pushing him away from her. "How can we be so brazen in this place where anyone can walk in on us?"

He sighed at her words but still, he was determined and not deterred to be persistent.

"I own a private manor not far from here," he suggested.

She was thankful for the little distance that stood between them; this way she could soberly make decisions. Reasons why going along with him would be all wrong and absolutely dangerous made her put an invisible barrier between them.

Her hand took his right hand and she stepped forward to run her other hand on his chest. It was supposed to feel wrong, shameless, but it felt natural. There was no awkwardness between them. She was surprised to see the so strong General breathe in and melt in her hands then connivingly, she took precedence from that moment of weakness to reclaim what belonged to her from his sleeves.

He caught on the trick but didn't foresee the possibility of her mercilessly kicking the in-between of his legs with her knee cap. He writhed in pain but not as much as she had wanted. She had a feeling that he was faking his reaction and letting her have her way but she had no time to think and doubt about anything.

She jumped onto the nearby tree and started pacing up its trunk then spun into the air before landing on the back of her horse. Not looking back, she took the reins and nudged the horse to start moving. The trees started running and the cold breeze cooled her body. She breathed in and out to regain composure but no matter what she did, she could not get rid of the sinking feeling that was nagging her. Something just seemed not right.

Her escape had been easy and without a doubt, she knew he was more skilled than her, if he wished, he could have prevented her from leaving. She had not kept her part of the deal as she had promised so why did he let her leave?

Princess Le-anne made a throaty sound and pulled the reins which had the horse slowing down. Looking around, she spotted two medium-sized stones. Knowing her exquisite stone well, this was the only way she could put her doubts to rest.

Haggardly, she pranced off the horse then walked towards them; if the pendant was really hers it would not easily break. She placed it on the larger stone and with all her strength, using both hands, she hit the pendant with the other. To her surprise, it did not bounce off due to the pressure but rather crushed into endless pieces.

Fool. She was a fool and he had fooled her.

The pendant was a fake! He had come with a fake one. Anger stormed within her body. It was flooding every part of her and she couldn't bear it.

"Bastard! General, you are a bastard!" she punched the ground.

~Author's Note~

[13 JUNE 2020] REVISED CHAPTER

S.V