Chapter 20: Whoever Says Nature Brings People Closer Obviously Hasn't Met Kitty

Start from the beginning

       Before Sawyer and I got into the truck to leave, my mom and his parents came outside, probably to tell us to be good little people and to not get into any trouble with the authorities.

       Actually, only my mom would tell me that. Sawyer was trustworthy. I was not. 

       "If something ever goes wrong there, please call," Beth said. "We know how crazy those camping trips can get."

       "Yes, so please no drinking," Trey said.

       "Dad, I'm legal to drink," Sawyer said. "I won't but you can't really tell me not to drink when I technically can."

       I think my sassiness was rubbing off on Sawyer. My bad.

       Trey didn't look impressed so Sawyer said, "Dad, seriously, you don't have anything to worry about. I packed some non-alcoholic drinks for me and Jamie, and Lulu even said that's what she's packing for everyone. It's just the party people who bring the alcohol. Can we go now? We want to get there earlier to make sure we get a good spot for out tent."

       "Alright," Trey said. "But seriously, call us of anything goes wrong."

       "And Jamie, don't you think about touching a drop of alcohol," Mom said. "If I find out that you did..."

       "Mom, I'm not going to," I said. "You know I'm not into partying and drinking. I'm just going for the s'mores, to be honest. And because Lulu said she would kidnap me if I didn't go and she scares me."

       And Lulu did. It was hard saying no to her.

       Mom and Sawyer's parents finally let us go after telling us over and over again to call any of them, or even Sawyer's siblings if we couldn't get a hold of them, if something went wrong.

       I was starting to think something would go wrong because they were jinxing it.

       Sawyer and I got into the truck before he drove us to Lulu's house. I did tell her that we were going to get there early so both she and Beau were waiting outside for us.

       Sawyer pulled into the driveway of Lulu's house where I noticed Lulu had placed giant arrows pointing to the forest where the camping trip was taking place.

       We got out of the truck, grabbing all of the stuff out of back and carrying it to the campsite. A few people were there already, Lulu and Beau being two them of course. As soon as Lulu saw us, she hurried over to me and gave me a hug. "There's my favourite person in the world," Lulu said. "Well, not according Beau because let's face it, Beau is always going to be my favourite person in the world."

       "Yeah, I was about to question you favouring Jamie over me," Beau said. "No offence, Jamie."

       "None taken," I said. 

       But I was still wondering how on earth Lulu could be such an oblivious person about Beau. She was always praising him, saying the best things about him, gloating about him, and yet still friend-zoned him.

       I wanted to play cupid for them but I also didn't want to mess up their friendship.

       Such a difficult decision.

       "So you can set up your tent anywhere you like," Lulu said. "I would recommend it not being close to the outhouse due to, well, I'm sure you know. Also don't be close to the fire. Also, you two might want to put your tent further away from everyone else, if you know what I mean."

       "Go away, Lulu," I said.

       Lulu just winked at me and Sawyer before grabbing Beau's arm and pulling him back to their tent they were setting up.