Chapter 14

Wyatt.

I got so many meetings today and then Miss Boyle again tonight. I know Riley had a meeting with her sponsors I just hope it goes alright for her. I really wanted to be there for her.

I'm at my office in Tokyo ready for a day full of meetings, and they are all running on time. I checked my emails between meetings and Riley sent me my schedule for the day. My day went fast and now I'm at another dinner meeting with Miss Boyle. We eat and have a few drinks, but she seems to be flirting with me.

She keeps rubbing my thigh and stroking my cheek, which is making me feel uncomfortable. It's almost midnight and I ask for the bill.

"Wyatt, we should have another drink?".

"No, I really should be going, I got early morning meetings."

"I was enjoying your company."

"I need to ring my son and find out how his school day went."

"I didn't know you had a son?"

"Yes, Alex he's four."

"Four? You kept that quiet?".

"It's a long story, I'm in love with his mother,"

"And who is this lucky girl that's stole your heart?"

"Riley, my P.A".

"Now I'm jealous".

I look at her and she doesn't look impressed. I gulp back the last bit of my drink and stand up.

"I should go".

"We could still have fun?".

"I'm sorry Miss Boyle but Riley is the only woman I want".

She looks at me with a sad look and touches my hand. This woman is throwing herself at me, and I've told her about Riley and my son.

My phone buzzes, and it's Ashley.

"Wyatt, what the fuck has happened to Riley? I just seen the news, let me know what's going on?".

What the fuck is he going on about. I ring him

"Ashley, I'm in Tokyo on a business trip, Riley's not with me".

"I was watching the sports news, and they showed Riley on the speedway racing around, then a few laps in she had an accident and her bike caught fire".

"What the fuck. I haven't heard from anyone, is she alright?".

"It didn't look like it, it showed Riley flying through the air and she landed hard on her back and just kept bouncing, but when she came to a stop she wasn't moving".

"I'm flying back now, I'll ring Zayne and find out what's going on?".

"Grace and I are on our way back. We been in the air about two hours".

"I will let you know soon as I find out. See you back in England".

I hang up the phone and contact my pilot to be ready in ten minutes. I leave Miss Boyle and she stands looking at me as I walk away. I get to my penthouse and pack my case and go to the airport and jump on my plane and head home.

I'm sat on my plane, worried about Riley. I have tried ringing her father, but it goes to voice message. I open my laptop and watch the news and she's on every news channel. I get a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. I watch the accident on one of the news channels and my heart just skips a beat, and oh my fucking god. I scream out loud, and had tears falling down my cheeks. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, it didn't feel real, I felt shocked and angry with myself for not being there for her.