Chapter 8

Wyatt.

I thought Riley had gone. I was relieved to see her sat at her table, but she was knocking the drink back. She walked up to the bar and I walked over to her, she had two more whiskeys, and then walked off. I finished my drink and followed her. She was swaying, but that could have been to do with her walking in the sand. She was crying, I needed to know what was wrong.

I wanted her to come out of the water and she lost it on me, she was screaming at me, then she threw her shoes at me, fuck she was so sexy when she's fired up, but she almost knocked me out with her shoes.

I sat on the sand when she told me she didn't want us. I was upset, I was stupid to think that five years later we would still be the same and feel the same for each other. She is right we got caught up in the moment. I know I still love her.

All that I felt for her, felt like it was crumbling away.

I offered her my jacket because she was cold, I wanted to pull her close to me and cuddle her and make her feel warm. She's so damn beautiful, I should have took her out more and got her gifts, I was such a fool, was it just about making love to her? I fucking don't know.

I wanted to start over, so we could get it right, she's always saying how complicated things are. I then asked her for the truth, and she said I wouldn't like the truth. How does she know until she tells me? Well she was fucking right.

I held her hands and she tells me that she has a son, a fucking son. She's a fucking mother. I lost it. I was so angry and upset I didn't want to listen to what she had to say. I screamed at her, !YOUR A FUCKING MOTHER! I was in shock with what she told me. She handed back my jacket and I walked back to the banquet room, I really need time to process what she said. I don't want to be anywhere near her.

I get a drink and watch Riley walk up to Ashley and Grace, she had her suitcase with her, so she must be leaving, thank fuck for that maybe my life will get back to normal, she looks at me and I turn away, I don't want to look at her. She could have fucking told me, fuck you Riley. I drink my drink and when I turn around, she is gone. I'm glad she's gone, she can't fucking tease me anymore. She's a fucking mother, it's excess baggage that I don't need.

I could go back to finding pussy again.

Ashley walks over to me.

"Wyatt, Riley asked me to give this to you, it's the photo shoot photos".

"Ashley, just give them back to her, I will get my lawyers to stop the print of the ones of us together. I don't want anything do with it".

"Wyatt, I think you really should have listened to her. She's got a big fight on her hands, and to think what she's been through with Alex. I'm surprised her little body hasn't given up already. Do you know she's giving up riding bikes, and she won't be doing the next season?".

"She loves riding her bikes".

"Yes, she does, but she wants to be around for Alex. She's looking to get another Personal Assistant job, but she doesn't want to travel".

"Ashley you are a good friend, but it's too late, she could have told me, from the start and maybe none of this wouldn't have happened. I certainly wouldn't have slept with her".

"She did try, but you didn't let her explain.... All I'm going to say is Alex was born at twenty-eight weeks, and he almost died. Riley contacted me and I met up with her, this was almost four and half years ago. She asked if I could still have a test done, to help Alex. I did, I wasn't a match".

I look at Ashley, trying to let what he's said sink in. But really, I didn't want to listen.

"Ashley, to be honest, it's best this way, she can carry on being a mother.... When did you say Alex was born?".