22 - Aftermath

It's been a week since the whole accident. Both Mic and Ashlyn were taken in for some testing. They had tested Ashlyn's mentality. From killing all those people, they weren't so sure if she could keep her pro hero license. Mic needed to be tested for losing his quirk. So far nothing has been found about the bottle Kabato threw at him. With no quirk, he was always at home. He couldn't use his back up all the time, that was the bad thing. Good thing is that unlike his quirk, he would be able to use it for about forever.

Ashlyn seemed to be back to normal for the most part. Her brain was normal according to the machines and such. She's back to her normal self, THANK GOD. They decided not to take her license away, but she needed 40 hours of community service by the end of the month. Of course, she felt like dying

It's been a while since Madalyn and I talked. I had told her about the incident and everything, but she didn't seem to care much. She seemed to just shrug it off.

I was heading back home from Ashlyn's place, when I seen Madalyn walking with Dabi. I ran up to her and yelled. "MADALYN!! GET OVER HERE!" She jumped as she heard my voice. "Ohai Y/N. What'cha doing?" I walked up and hugged her. "You've been pretty spacial lately, whats been your problem?" She kinda did a shrug and her eyes went everywhere. "Well, it's not the fact that's I've been spacey, but I don't know, I just haven't felt the same after my incident. I haven't... felt the need to just be alone I guess. I don't know, sorry Y/N. We can catch up another time k?" She started walking off. I looked over at Dabi. He walked over to me. "I don't know what's been going on with her, she's not being herself."

"What do you mean?" "Well," He said. "She isn't practicing her quirk as much as she used, to. She used to practice on a daily basis. That and she's not loving, well, as loving as she used to be I guess." I had to ponder this for a moment. I was about to say something when Madalyn interrupted us. "Dabi, c'mon let's go." He looked at me and shrugged. "I guess I'll see you later Y/N." I lowered my voice. "Call me if anything else weird happens." He nodded and walked off with Madalyn.

I hope it doesn't have to do with the recent incident. I would be pretty depressed. Speaking of depressed, I better get home to Mic. His results were supposed to come in today.

On my way home, I kept thinking about all the incidents recently. I couldn't help but to think, they were all my fault. I mean, I'm not wrong. If it wasn't for me hitting that guy in the first place, he wouldn't have even came after me in the first place. Agh forget about that.

I made it back home and thank god Mic was home. I did NOT want to go around searching for him. Especially because of what has been happening. Hopefully Ashlyn was home too, I needed to see how she was doing too.

I made my way into the driveway and seen his car. Thank god. I walked right into the house, welcoming the home feeling. I took my hoodie off and walked through the house. Every time I walk in here, I still can't believe somehow, I was able to get with one of the top pro heroes. Especially Mic.... Man my life is great. Well, not with all the stuff that's been happening. I walked into his bedroom and he was laying on his bed, staring at his phone.

"Hey handsome, watcha doing?" I turned his head around. "Oh hey Y/N." Then he went back to his phone. Something wasn't right. "Everything alright Hizashi?" I sat on the bed beside him and started rubbing his back." He turned his phone off and looked at me. He gave a big sigh before talking.

"Well, my results came in to day." I stopped. "Awesome! What did they say!?" He sat up and grabbed my hand. He was starting to worry me now. I felt my expression change."Y/N," I froze and my hand shook a bit. "now before I go any further, don't, just don't freak out. It's not my life I'm worried about. It's Madalyn's. The first thing I found out, was that my quirk may be permanently lost. I'm scared, and I still am, but you must hear me out. Do you remember when Madalyn's throat was damaged from whatever he poured down it?" I nodded my head. Hopefully this wasn't going anywhere too serious.

" Well they found a chemical compound with the same make-up as another in hers. Thankfully the mist in whatever he gave me, left traces of it in my nose. So they were able to take samples, and test it." I felt my chest hurt. I really don't like the way he's saying all this. Please God, let him be okay. "Well, they tested it. And there was a virus in that stuff, that takes over your brain if your brain is a suitable environment. Thankfully, since my quirk is my Voice, my brain is always on the move, of course, nobody would want to live there." He gave a small chuckle. "But I'm afraid, Madalyn isn't so lucky. Her brain is always distracted, so it will be easy to be taken over of."

I was taking in all so fast. I was hard to comprehend at first. I didn't know what to think. "So what your saying, is that I REALLY need to keep an eye out for Madalyn? And your alright? With your quirk and everything?" He nodded his head. "Agh dammit, this is all my fault. Will your quirk return?" He shrugged his shoulders. "There's a possibility, but not for sure."

My head hurt, I needed to lay down. I laid down on my back. "So, after I get this power nap, I'm going to Madalyn's house. And... I don't know. I feel so bad now. All of this was because of my stupid choice." I felt my eyes water. Mic laid down and wrapped his arm around my waist. "No it's not. I'm always telling you this. This was NOT your fault." He stroked my face. I turned toward him and smiled. "I'm sorry Mic. Really." He gave me a soft kiss on my lips. "Y/N, I love you, and I would never blame anything on you." It was hard to blame myself now. All I could do was stare at his beautiful face. His long golden hair. Dammit Mic, you make things hard for me.