My Heart-Your Home. [A Werewolf Romance] :. Chapter 2 .:

My Heart-Your Home; By Avany Lyss (SpiritWolves)

Chapter 2

"Mom, I'm home!" I called out when I entered my house. My mom just got off the phone and slid a newspaper over to me from the kitchen's granite counter.

"What's this?"

"Some sad and frustrating news." she nodded at me to read it. I opened it up and began to quickly scan the newspaper.

"Some punk burned down half of the SCHOOL?" I asked, anger seeping through my tone. Mom nodded sadly. Maybe I don't have to go school for a while then! Mom saw me perk up and tutted at me.

"Now now Ima, you know that just because of this doesn't mean nothing. I enrolled you in another school."

"Wait-where did the rest of my school go then?" I asked, perplexed by the situation.

"Well, half of the school is still stable enough, so half of the school is still there. The rest were sent to the other school in the country. I enrolled you in a private school."

"Oh great. More homework and no friends."

"Don't get so down honey, I swear there will be cuter boys," she winked, then laughed and walked off. I rolled my eyes, taking another packet off the counter.

"Saint George high, here I come." I mumble, before scooting up to my room, packet in hand.

-----

"IMAKODA! GET OFF YOUR ASS!" mom yelled from across the hallway. If you're complaining about alarms, go see my mother. She came in with a air horn and kept honking it till I got up.

"Here's the uniform honey, have a good day." she said sweetly before leaving for work. I rolled my eyes at my lovely mother.

The uniform was a green plaid skirt that hung above my knees, along with a white dress shirt that was folded to my elbows, matched by a matching plaid silk tie.

Not too shabby. I grabbed a breakfast bar before dropping my bookbag in the passenger seat and hopping in.

Once at the school, I felt like I fit in perfectly. I didn't look like a outlier, everybody looked the same. With the exception of a few smaller skirts, but who's counting?

I got my timetable at the office and headed to my first class. I had a bit of trouble finding it, and the bell already rang.

When I entered the room the teacher looked evenly at me.

"Sorry I'm late," I said out of breath.

"I't doesn't matter. Detention after school for 30 minutes. Now who are you?" she snapped strictly.

"I'm new here, Imakoda, and WHAT? but it's my first day!" I pleaded.

"Very well Ms Lalie, but here, tardiness is intolerable." she wrote me a pink slip and handed it to me, making me sort of irritated.

"Where do I sit?" I asked bitterly. The whole class was looking at me, and there was no available seat.

I skimmed over the classroom, and caught one person's green eyed gaze.

I was trapped into them, but it broke as soon as he pushed off the boy sitting next to him off the chair.

He broke out into a wolfish grin.

"There's one right here." he offered.