CHAPTER-5

Rose P. O. V

"I don't love you," I replied.

" You are lying," He replied with a hurted face

" I am not," I replied, looking right into his eyes.

His face fell and I felt guilty. But I can't love him. I can't ruin his life because of me. Earlier there was a different reason to reject him and today is a different one.

"I am sorry," I said and started walking away from there to hide my tears. I couldn't see anything, my vision was blurred. I started running nowhere.

Then suddenly I hear scratching of wheels. The familiar silver-grey Mercedes S600 appeared in front of me.

"Alex..." A whisper left my mouth.

"Hey darling," He replied smiling with his husky voice. His smile faded away as he saw my tears.

He hurriedly opened the door of his car and placed his fingers on my face.

"WHAT HAPPENED?" He asked me while looking intensely in my eyes.

"Nothing..."

He again stated, "You are a bad liar, Rose."

"I was just missing my family," I replied while still not looking in his eyes.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close, gently rubbing my arm. But I didn't like it and I pulled away.

"You have me, Rose,"

After not hearing anything from me, he continued," Let's have dinner together,"

"I am not hungry... " and my stomach growled.

He laughed and opened the passenger seat door for me. I entered without saying anything. I was used to this now. It is nothing new for me.

*Buzz* *Buzz*

I unlocked my phone to see a message from Rayder.

"Are you OK Rose? I am sorry! Please don't leave me again. Please Call me!"

I sighed. I can't call him. I...

"Are you ok, Rose?" Alex asked me.

"Yes, yes I am ok," I replied.

Alex kept on rambling and I didn't payed any attention. My thoughts were about Rayder. He proposed me, again. But I can't love him. I am not allowed to love someone else.

Finally, after half an hour, we reached there.

We entered the restaurant and were greeted by the manager himself and why not, Alex owns this restaurant. The whole restaurant was empty. Whenever I and Alex had dinner together, he reserved the whole restaurant for us so that we can have some privacy.

Alex poured water in both of our glasses and asked, "So, How was your day?"

"Same as usual," I replied shrugging my shoulders.

"I told you, you don't need to do the job," He said but I just kept silent not wanted to answer him.

He took a deep sigh and called the waiter.

We just had dinner and talked. Actually, Alex was the talker and I was the listener. We were finally done.

"Thank you," I said to the manager and started walking towards Alex car and we both drove off.

We finally reached my home. I opened the door, came out and said thank you to Alex.

"Rose, why are you living in such a house when you have mine?" he asked me.

"I just don't want to be a burden on you and most importantly this is my parents house. I have a lot of memory with this house. " I replied.

He looked in my eyes and said, "You will never be a burden for me."

I nodded and turned around.

"Rayder...," A whisper left my mouth. He was... crying. His nose was red so was his eyes.

"Rose... Don't leave me, Rose." He stated and hugged me tightly.

I heard the car door open and I knew what was going to happen.

Suddenly, our hug was broken by Alex and Rayder was on the floor.

"No!... Alex, please leave him," I stated, but Alex started punching Rayder.

"How dare you touch, Rose!" He shouted while standing up.

"Who is he?" Alex asked practically shouted at me.

I flinched at his sudden outburst, "He is just my friend," I stated.

"Why did he hugged you?" He again shouted.

"He just...his girlfriend ditched him and... and he was just sad," I lied to him.

He looked between me and Rayder who was lying on the floor, unconscious. Tears started flowing from my eyes.

"Go pack your bag, you are going to live with me in my house. I will come tomorrow morning to take you," He said and drove off.

I ran towards Rayder and saw he was lying unconscious, I started shaking him. After some time he opened his eyes.

"Rayder,... " A whisper left my mouth.

"So,... You have a boyfriend. That's why you rejected me," He stated with a little smile.

"No!...idiot, I love you... I love you, Rayder," Rayder looked at me with a shocked face but then he started smiling.

"You are saying this to make me feel better, " He said.

"No... I really love you, Rayder," I replied

"Then... who was he?" He asked me.

"It's a long story...and don't say that you have time. First, you need to get first aid. Come on, Try to get up," I said while helping him to stand up.

I somehow managed to get him inside my home and made him sit at the bed and did his bandage. When I was done, I looked up and found him sleeping. He looked so beautiful while sleeping. I made him sleep comfortably and pulled the blanket over him.

I couldn't stop my tears and started crying. I cried because I made Rayder cry. I cried because of my fate.
My eyes dripped with tears. My walls, the walls that hold me up, made me strong just... collapsed. Moment by moment, they fell. Salty drops fell from my chin, drenching my shirt. Perhaps those tears would help wash the blood out of Rayder. I pressed my head against the wall... baby blue, so innocent... I am anything but innocent. I was  trembling. I couldn't stop. Even as I pressed my hand against the wall it shaked,it trembled. It was raw, everything, raw tears, raw emotions. I couldn't stop... I couldn't stop.