i n s t a g r a m ; 20

♠︎

tomholland13 best friend ❤️

[tagged: jasminejones]
[750k likes]

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN DISABLED

♠︎

as soon as the door opens i fall onto the couch that i distinctly remember setting up myself, surprised that it hasn't broken from a miss placed screw or something. neither of us seemed tired at all despite the late night and i was slightly worried for our sanity. not that it's my first all nighter, just that it's the first one after having multiple sleepless nights from filming.

"let me make some popcorn, it's movie time." i hear tom shout from the kitchen, plastic crinkling and the beeping of a microwave letting me know that i should find a movie whilst i wait.

"anything in particular?" i ask.

"spider-man homecoming?" i roll my eyes, knowing full well he can't see me but audibly groan at his narcissism.

"you know i don't like seeing myself on screen. i'll pick infinity war just to fuck with you." i laugh, tom incessantly trying to persuade me out of doing so because he'd seen the scene of him 'dying' so many times from fans tweeting it to him. (and me making fun of him for it.)

i continue to look through his netflix, perusing and not really finding anything of interest. "to all the boys?"

"you just want to stare at noah centineo!"

"i'm playing it anyways." i tell him, starting the movie as he comes with the bowl of freshly made popcorn, hands already deep in the salted caramel.

taking a seat beside me, i take one of the blankets and drape it over the two of us since it's slightly chilly as we eat the popcorn to together, hands occasionally bumping into each other. we talk over the movie, my squealing whenever noah centineo came into the shot becoming increasing annoying. but also tom's constant remarks of how the movie was dumb but by looking at his facial expressions i could tell that he was enjoying it just as much as i was.

though, in between my ogling at noah centineo, i notice the constant staring from tom that got so distracting i had to ask him. "are you staring at me?"

turning to look at him, his gaze wasn't at my eyes or my eyebrows or forehead or of the sort. he didn't even try to be discreet as he stares right at my lips.

"i just really want to kiss you."

his bluntness shocked me and i'd be lying if i said i wasn't slightly curious as what it would be like. i contemplate it, my mind flashing back to the kiss i shared with jack not too long ago. as well as whether what happened would change both of my relationships with the boys. though, it is true that we're not 'officially together' and anything i do is merely experimental and fun. i guess.

nodding my head, he smiles shyly, a hand resting on my thigh as he inches closer to me. i feel myself instinctively lean in as well, eyes fluttering shut when our mouths crash together and lips meld into the kiss. all these emotions that we'd bottled up and spilled mere hours ago now tumbling into this make out session.

i was right when i said that the way i feel about tom and jack were so different because they were. with jack, i remember his stubble that scratched my face as he holds my face and smiles through the kiss, the world fading away and the only thing that mattered was us. it was a short kiss, we were dragged on to set afterwards but i'll, reluctantly, admit that there was just more love there in a kiss that lasted for what was probably 2 seconds, compared to this one that must've been at least 5 minutes of making out.

with tom, i'm not saying he was a bad kisser, if anything the complete opposite, but it was just different. his arms were different around my waist, awkward even. he's expecting too much of the kiss, it was hungry and needy, feels that not only did i not reciprocate but i knew i just couldn't satiate. i just hope the mere act of kissing was enough and all that i was giving would be enough too.

his tongue slips into my mouth and we sit there making out, the movie turned to mere background noise as we dance in rhythm and kiss with passion in the ungodly hours of the night (or morning?) if anything it didn't really feel like i was betraying jack at all, because i have just solidified my feelings for him even more.

we were just some close friends, who'd had a bit too much of the left over wine, we're absolutely exhausted and riding the emotions that carried us like a riptide.

i felt my body start detaching itself from my mind, my arms and legs doing things i didn't necessarily tell them to. i edge closer to tom, hands looping around his neck, legs straddling his waist, never once breaking the kiss. his grip around me tightens, as though i would vanish if he were to ever let go. his back flexes and muscles ripple under my touch as his own hands peruse down my body and tug at the hem of my shirt.

oh god, this can't be happening right now. he told me himself that nothing was going to happen, this was supposed to be two friends hanging out, watching movies and falling asleep because it's the middle of the fucking night. his grip on my own body never falters as i become suddenly hyper aware of my surroundings, my brain following allow to the chatter of the movie that was now mere background sounds.

i wanted it to stop, my hands pressing on his chest, silently urging him to break the kiss but he doesn't. god knew i needed to breathe and i had to make sure i didn't make any more of a wrong impression because this couldn't go any farther.

thank god i feel my phone buzz in my pocket, and i knew he did too because i finally manage to get him off of me, instinctively taking in a breath of air. "i'm so sorry i need to see what this is."

still panting slightly, tom nods and slumps down on the couch, letting me walk into his bedroom and take a look at who was calling.

the number wasn't one saved in my contacts, but it wasn't unknown either, not that that lowered my suspicions at all. the stalker may just be an idiot and not realise the number can earn them a visit from the police. playing it safe, i sent the number to an assistant who'd pick up the call for me. (he was in london and time zones meant that he wouldn't be fast asleep at this time.)

barely five minutes go by when that assistant calls me again. probably to tell me who called and why.

but as soon as i picked up the phone, and it took him a couple seconds to respond, the eerie silence making a chill run down my spine. as though what he was about to say would be devastating for me to hear.

"ms. jones, i'm so sorry i never knew..."

♠︎

hmm this was a tough chapter. i didn't know if i wanted tom and jaz to fuck or just make out, i feel like it could've gone a few different ways but i didn't want to deal with the mess that would come afterwards. though, i also remembered that it was a htgawm book so i didn't bother but man it took some contemplation.

ughh too much tom holland sorry guys! i swear our favourite connor walsh will be back the next chapter.

but side note, now that fucking season 3B is out (crazy i know!) and our favourite coliver is married and everything (whoops spoilers sorry) and another murder has occurred and oof there's too much.