i r l ; 8

♠︎
"you're too hot to be gay." i mutter in my supposed drunken stupor, high heel clad feet tripping over each other in my poor attempt at walking in a straight line.

our impromptu bar set up was sketchy at best, using the kitchen island as the counter and the chairs that were already there for the stools. casually knocking one of the stools down, i continue rambling to myself as jack sends me these uncomfortable glances.

"and i'm dating your brother!" he exclaims. "i actually care about him unlike you for leaving him like that."

"you're not dating. you're like, friends you benefits." with a giggle, i grab the shot glass and down the fake alcohol, cheering and letting some of the water (pretend vodka) splatter over jack's face. "i didn't leave because i didn't care for him! if anything, i left because i care about him!"

"you're the only family he has left! you're not about to go again!" his hand grabs my wrist but i flimsily swat it away.

"i'm not family to him, even if we share dna or whatever." blindly groping at air, my hand sloppily comes into contact with jack's cheeks and i hold onto him for support. "i left because i did it connor. i did it."

the two of us were silent for a moment, as if there were cameras to capture every last moment of our scene.

before we break out into a fit of giggles.

"oh my god the face you pulled when you drank!" he manages to say in between chuckles, wiping off some of the residual water from my impromptu spit in the face.

"oh my god just your face!" i retort sarcastically, but i knew jack wouldn't have it. he immediately stopped his line and gave me an annoyed look. eyes narrowed, jaw line seemingly sharpening to the point of it practically able to slice through anything as if a hot knife through butter.

"bitch." he scowls, cracking into a smile. unable to maintain the serious position for much longer.

"i tell the truth, nothing but the truth." i reply, flinging the killer heels off my feet and crashing onto the couch in his flat.

he was just rehearsing some lines when i showed up for dinner. mumbling a lot to himself, struggling to memorise the very scene we just performed but i could tell from our multiple takes that he knew them well enough.

"i was thinking italian tonight. is that okay with you?"

"ooh yes! i'm craving some pasta." responding excitedly, i put the heeled shoes into my purse and slip on the vans that i actually wore on the way here. taking his and my coat off their respective hangers, i toss jack's heavy fur one in his general direction before shrugging my own trench coat over my shoulders.

"then you're in for a treat. i got us a reservation at a place just down the street. it's really new and really popular." we both set out from the apartment complex and out to the main road, through the back door of course, paparazzi always lurk at the main exit.

"i've heard of it. little mario's right?" jack nodded briskly, rubbing his hands together from the cold. "how'd you get a reservation? most people book weeks in advanced and get their reservations cancelled anyways."

"i may have cancelled someone else's reservation." he mumbles sheepishly making me gasp in shock. not really, i more just felt sad for whoever it was that wanted to go but couldn't because of us. "when you're the star of hit abc's show 'how to get away with murder' you can do a lot. if anyone would know it'd be you. you're so famous, i don't know how we're not mobbed yet."

i lightly punch him in the shoulder with another laugh. "don't jinx it! i'm lucky to not have people crawling in front of my apartment and trailer on set."

we kept up the small talk, but mainly decided to enjoy each other's company without forcing words out of each other's mouths. moments of silence just felt right. with him by my side as we we bound through the streets of LA like little kids, to this fine dining restaurant that many people can't even get a reservation at.

he looked so carefree and happy, which you wouldn't think of when you first meet him because he's just that shy. it doesn't help that the character he portrays on tv is this brooding, passive-aggressive, psychopathic almost, law student who's mentor is actually insane. when in reality, he's everything but.

by the time we reached the restaurant, we had to find a way to calm ourselves down after our laughing episode. dressed in what could be considered somewhat formal clothing, falahee in a white button up and jeans, a thick coat covering his shoulders. and me in a little black dress with stockings to keep warm. vans for shoes because they're comfortable and a trench coat i bought from Zara on sale.

even hollywood stars can penny pinch. if it helps my family then i don't see what the problem is.

we saw the line and immediately frowned. it was immense, going around the block. i look up at jack and give him a look of question. "reservation you say?"

"these people must be walk-ins, expecting to actually show up and get a spot. let's head up to the front and ask." we end up having to walk cautiously along the asphalt because the sidewalk was just that crowded.

i could feel the eyes staring at my back as the two of us walk. feeling incredibly uncomfortable, i take out my sunglasses and perch them on my nose, hoping it'd at least distract me from everyone looking. despite causing more attention because we were a) completely cutting this line that already too long and b) for wearing sunglasses when it was dark outside.

but when we got to the front of the line, i notice the staff's eyes start to widen when the two of us showed up. "reservation under falahee?"

without a word, they let us completely evade the line and enter the incredibly fancy restaurant with a table practically screaming our name.

and the rest of the night was filled with expensive champagne and even more expensive entrees that jack was far too keen on paying for. doing nothing but joke and laugh together at how pretentious and fancy the place was. yet the entire time we were together i couldn't help but think about how i so badly wanted this man to be mine.
♠︎
sorry it was wordy i just wanted a good irl scene between jack and jaz.

anyways, please vote <3 and i'll upload the next chapter soon.