Broke-Aspen

I'm dead broke.

In simple terms I'm living in an minimum wage family where my parents try to provide their best for us. However, I'm a dead beat having to constantly live in the shadow of what's expected of me.

I had just gone from trying to get a job to running to a small park. There wasn't anything too special about me running, after all, I had done that all my life.

I picked pebbles and threw them across a small green pond. The water wasn't clean by any means and it wasn't rich other, but it served its purpose just like I did.

Suddenly rain poured from the skies. It had barely been spring but the weather continuously roared with tremor.

"Gosh fucking dammit", I muttered. Here I was attempting to calm down a bit after my job application had been rejected but my day couldn't get any better could it?

I can't handle the pressure. Living off scraps since when I was born, I just can't handle it.

I know I can't simply blame my parents for it though, they strive to do their best for me and my siblings so then who CAN I blame?

Society for its social standards? The government? Who?

Things may happen for a reason, but why not to the more fortunate?

I finally broke down in that small park. Kids wandered back and front. However, no one stopped to check on me...how typical..

Well no matter, I'd have to be the one to pick myself up.

I picked up the few of my belongings; a book, apple and my glasses. And I just walked away, towards a new day. As I did, a rainbow appeared behind the large storm cloud.