Chapter 18 ~ The Coffee

Start from the beginning

However, eventually, when he'd shot me about ten glances, I decided to turn my head a little so I could see him through the corners of my eyes. Big mistake. Not only could he see that I was looking at him, but he also had a disappointed look on his face. It made my heart drop.

Quickly, I turned my attention back to my notebook and picked up my pencil to continue writing.

Focus on school, Louis. Not some guy who broke your heart two years ago and definitely doesn't deserve your attention.

With that thought in my head, I stayed focus on my work the rest of class until the bell rang. I was quick to exit the classroom and head to my locker. Thankfully, I didn't see Harry until lunch that day.

All four of me, Zayn, Niall and Hannah entered the cafeteria together. We sat down at our usual table when we instantly noticed that something was going on with Eleanor. She was staring at me as if she hadn't seen me in ages.

"What?"

"You didn't hear?" She asked incredulously.

I turned to my friends who seemed just as confused as I was. "What do you mean?"

She rolled her eyes, looking over at the entrance of the cafeteria where the pop star right then entered the room. "Harry's friend dropped out of school."

Even if I already knew that, I pretended to be surprised by the news. "He did?"

She nodded vigorously."Yes!"

Hannah cleared her throat as she raised her eyebrows. "What does that have to do with Louis though?"

Eleanor waved her hand as if it was obvious. "Well, it obviously has to do with that interview. I bet he had a relationship with the pop star and got too offended of what he said on television."

I gulped at her words, knowing just how right she was. It was actually a little scary. From the corner of my eye, I could see Niall giving me an alarmed look, which I tried to ignore the best I could.

"That's ridiculous," Hannah snorted.

The brown haired girl shrugged her shoulders, looking over at the curly haired boy who was just about to sit down at his table together with a couple of girls. Fun fact was that he hadn't gained any friends that were guys since he came back. He only had girls chasing him around.

"What do you say, Louis?" Eleanor wondered, looking at me knowingly.

I opened my mouth to reply, but nothing came out. Instead, I shook my head and let out a deep sigh.

"It doesn't matter, though. Louis has moved on from him. End of story," Niall said to end the conversation.

I was actually really happy that he did that. I was sick and tired of talking about the curly haired boy. Couldn't he just go back to his normal life?

The rest of that day was pretty uneventful. I went to my classes and did what I had to do in them. It wasn't until after school that things changed when my phone started beeping in my jeans pocket. I was just about to enter my house as it did so.

Confused as to who it could be, I reached into my pocket to pull the device out only to notice that it was Anne who was calling me. I could instantly feel my heart clench. What did she want this time?

Hesitantly, I swiped my finger across the screen and pressed the phone against my ear. "Hello?"

"Hi Louis, it's Anne again. I'm sorry for bothering you like this," she chuckled on the other end.

I rolled my eyes at her ridiculousness. She could never bother me. "Don't worry about that, Anne. What did you have in mind?"

She was quiet for a few seconds until she spoke up again. "I was just wondering since you aren't coming over for dinner tonight if you'd like to go to the café downtown tomorrow and grab some coffee? It's been such a long time since the two of us met. I miss having you over, my son."