Mel purred loudly, raising her eyebrows at Melanie suggestively and giggling. "Go on!" she encouraged with a grin. Geri slapped her arm, knowing Melanie was already embarrassed.

"What else is there, Howie?" Kevin asked, wanting to take the attention off of AJ and Melanie before things got out of control. Howie removed the record, replacing it with Stevie Wonder's You Haven't Done Nothin'.

"I love that one!" Melanie exclaimed, joining Howie by the turntable to look through the old records. Brian nudged Nick and counted out a beat, then the two proceeded to shuffle and grapevine. Mel grabbed Geri by the hand and joined the boys, creating a dance party in the middle of the sitting room. Emma and Melanie joined in while AJ and Howie took on the role of DJs, switching up the music with songs by Elvis Presley, The Beatles, and Michael Jackson. Victoria joined the group from the kitchen where she'd been on the phone with her mum, and Kevin got up off the couch to dance as well.

As the night wore on, the energy amongst the group progressively faded. The turntable was abandoned, left to play an Etta James record in full as the musicians curled up on the couches together. Victoria and Howie had excused themselves to shower and call it a night, leaving Geri, Mel, AJ, Brian, Kevin, and Nick conversing quietly with the lights dimmed. Melanie had fallen asleep earlier with her head on Mel's lap and her legs draped over Geri's lap and Emma had fallen asleep soon after, curled up alone on the recliner.

Gradually, the group dwindled even further. Brian, AJ, and Nick called it a night, bidding the rest of the group goodnight as they separated to their own rooms. The record ended, leaving the room strangely quiet and empty.

"I don't think I can stay up any longer," Kevin yawned as he stretched his arms above his head and yawned. "Do you need help with these two?"

"If you wouldn't mind," Geri replied tiredly. "Melanie won't be difficult, but Emma's out for the night, I'm afraid." Kevin smiled sleepily and nodded, getting up and tucking one arm under Emma's knees and the other behind her shoulders. She barely stirred as he lifted her off the chair and carried her effortlessly upstairs to her room.

"Wake up, you," said Mel, running her fingers through Melanie's hair. "Time for bed."

Geri stretched and shifted out from under Melanie's legs, causing Melanie to groan and shift in her sleep. She squinted and rubbed her eye with the palm of her hand, then looked at the girls with confusion, momentarily forgetting where she was.

Geri giggled and pulled Melanie upright so she was sitting next to Mel. "Come here, darling," she instructed softly, hoping she could take Melanie to bed without her fully waking up.

"What are we doing?" Melanie mumbled slightly incoherently.

"We're taking you to bed," Geri replied. "Come on up." She pulled Melanie to her feet and wrapped one arm around her waist, pulling her close.

"We're making sure you get to bed without any male accompaniment," Mel added, grinning smugly. Geri shushed her and shook her head, trying to discourage her from teasing Melanie any further.

"What time is it?" Melanie asked, slowly become more aware of her surroundings and what was happening.

"Nearly three," Geri replied. "Close your eyes. We've got you."

"I'm awake," Melanie sighed, her eyes drooping tiredly. Geri smirked and nodded to Mel to grab Melanie's glasses and help take Melanie downstairs. Mel slid Melanie's glasses into her back pocket and took Melanie's free arm, wrapping it over her shoulders as the three of them walked slowly down the stairs.

Geri and Mel led Melanie to her bed and coaxed her out of her jeans and socks before tucking her into bed. Still half asleep, Melanie let her eyes slide shut and curled into the duvet, completely unaware of Geri kissing her cheek and slipping her hair out of the elastic that had been pulling it back into a topknot. Mel set Melanie's glasses on the bedside table and headed upstairs as Geri turned off the lights and closed the door at the bottom of the stairs, leaving it open a few inches.

Melanie sighed and rolled over, turning her back to the door. Hearing someone whisper her name, she groaned and mumbled a half-hearted response.

"Melanie?"

"What?" she groaned, turning back to see who was calling her. Both Geri and Mel had already ascended the stairs and switched off the light over the staircase, leaving Melanie in total darkness. Assuming she'd imagined them calling to her, Melanie turned toward the wall once more, relaxing into the mattress.

"Melanie?"

She groaned and pulled her arm up over her ear, shutting out the voice as she slipped back into unconsciousness.