“We need to get the others first before they disappear.” Whitney said standing up and getting louder.

“We can do that after we find my mom” I said standing up and getting twice as loud.

My anger was definitely getting the best of me. I heated up just a little and the sudden change in temperature caused me unbearable pain. I did the only rational thing I could think of. I grabbed Lala from behind and pulled her to my chest. Her body immediately reacted to the change in temperature and cooled us both down. I sighed and then made a mental note to keep my emotions in check. As much as I was loving the no space between us I had to let her go before little Ryan woke up and caused trouble. Even though she made no effort to move I dropped my arms from around her and focused back in on the conversation.

“Whitney and Ryan the both of you need to cool it.” Shan said with an authority we had never heard before.

“Whitney your being selfish. We have our parents. He doesn’t. So heres the plan we find his mom then return to our normal lives. They may go underground but they have to resurface to come after us again. So until then we wait.” Shan said with finality.

Whitney grabbed Shan by the hand and led him upstairs without a word to anyone. While Lala went to my mom’s room.

“What about my sponge bath?” I yelled after both girls.

“Come on babe” Lala yelled back.

I didn’t know whether I was more excited from being called babe or the fact that Lala was going to wash me naked. Either way I skipped off toward the bathroom.

“Ryan before you even take anything off put these on” Lala said tossing me my swimming trunks. 

“Really we‘re married” I said quickly dropping my pants.

“Ryan stop” she said then turned around.

I chuckled softly to myself while slowly removed the rest of my clothing and placed the swimming trunks on.

“All done” I whispered in Lala’s ear trying to be seductive.

“In the water then” she said pointing at the water ignoring my attempt to seduce her.

“No” I said just imagining how painful it would feel.

“I promise its not hot” she told me as she stuck her finger in as to prove her point.

“Its steaming” I said watching the steam arise.

“Its warm”

“Then you get in” I said being stubborn.

“I have a better idea” she said

She leaned over the tub and placed her hand in the water. Slowly the top surface started to ice over. Then she smashed the ice successfully creating me an icebath. Now that I could definitely deal with. Before I could even talk myself out of it I hopped in. I sighed in relief as my body started to go numb. This was almost a perfect moment.

“Join me wife” I said closing my eyes.

Without responding to me she disappeared into the other room. Moments later she returned in her skimpy bathing suit from the hotel. Of course this time I liked it a lot more now that I was the only one seeing it. She stepped in the bath tub only to sit across from me.

“Ryan” she started

“Yes” I said giving her my full attention

“Come here” she said holding her hand out to me.