Ch.17 Family

******

Dinner was delicious. But it wasn't better than Sage's mom's cooking. Sage. Do I miss him? Do I still love him? I need answers. Are my 'friends' still alive?

"What's going on in that head of yours, Eden?" Carter asks. I look at him. My old friend. I thought I'd never see him again and yet here he is.

"I'm just thinking about things." I say.

"Like?" He asks. Should I tell him? Should I trust him?

"Are my friends alive?" I ask.

"Yes. I checked up on them. I'm not evil, Eden. They're fine. No one was suppose to get hurt. Sage did get hit but he's recovering nicely." He says. I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding.

"Oh thank god." I say.

"Thank god? They are working with your father. Like I said I don't know what they're up to but I will find out and I will not let anything happen to you." He says sincerely.

"Okay. Can I at least go visit them?" I ask. He thinks about this for a second.

"Yes, you can. But, I will be going with you." He says. I nod.

"Do you have any idea at all what they're doing with my dad?" I ask.

"I don't know. I don't know why they'd be talking to him or why. It doesn't make sense. I have my hackers and spies on it but I have no idea." He says deep in thought. "Anyway, you've had a rough past few days, I'll bring you back up to your room so you can sleep."

"Okay, and thank you. I don't know what they're up to, but thank you." I say. We walk upstairs. I walk to my room and he walks to his.

"Good night." He says smiling.

"Good night." I reply. I go into my room and lay down in the bed. It's so soft. I fall asleep and hope I don't have a nightmare. I don't have sage here to comfort me, I think. I start to tear up. I miss Sage. Even if what he and his father are doing is true, I still love him and I miss him. I cry myself to sleep and hope that no one hears.

******

The next morning I get up and get ready. I get to go see my friends today. I get to see Sage. I get to ask him what the hell is going on. Maybe he'll explain and it'll make sense. Or maybe he'll make the situation worse. There's a soft knock on my door.

"Come in." I say curious about who it is. In walks Zara.

"Hey, I know when we first met I said I wasn't an ally, but I am. We weren't sure if we could trust you. So with that said, hi, I'm Zara Holmes. I hope that we can be best friends." She says happily. She reminds me of a sunny day.

"Well, it's nice to meet you too." I say smiling.

"So, I brought you some things, girl things." She says.

"Oh, thank you!" I say. Thank goodness. I wasn't about to go to Carter for that. She nods and leaves the room.

"Carter's waiting downstairs when your ready to leave." She says. I say thank you one last time and go into the bathroom. Thank goodness there's another girl here.

I walk downstairs and find carter waiting for me with Josh. His face lights up when he sees me and I feel my lips turn upwards too.

"Just date already." Josh says as he walks out the door. A blush creeps up my neck and that only makes Carter and Josh laugh. We walk out the front door and my eyes land on a sleek black Lamborghini.

"Woah." I mutter.

"She's pretty isn't she?" He says motioning for me to get in. It has beautiful deep red leather seats.