Deleting Quranic Ayah signs of Qiyamat?

Email and texting are from amongst the modern modes of communication, and in the opinion of most scholars, there is absolutely no harm if one emails or texts Quranic verses provided their intention is to remember and propagate the Truth.
.
Similarly, there is absolutely no prohibition in deleting the text after one has sent or read it.
.
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman came to Uthman at the time when the people of Sham and the people of Iraq were Waging war to conquer Arminya and Adharbijan. Hudhaifa was afraid of their (the people of Sham and Iraq) differences in the recitation of the Qur'an.
So he said to 'Uthman: "O chief of the Believers! Save this nation before they differ about the Book (Quran) as Jews and the Christians did before."
So 'Uthman sent a message to Hafsa saying: "Send us the manuscripts of the Qur'an so that we may compile the Qur'anic materials in perfect copies and return the manuscripts to you."
Hafsa sent it to 'Uthman. 'Uthman then ordered Zaid bin Thabit, 'Abdullah bin AzZubair, Said bin Al-As and 'AbdurRahman bin Harith bin Hisham to rewrite the manuscripts in perfect copies.
'Uthman said to the three Quraishi men: "In case you disagree with Zaid bin Thabit on any point in the Qur'an, then write it in the dialect of Quraish, the Qur'an was revealed in their tongue."
They did so, and when they had written many copies, 'Uthman returned the original manuscripts to Hafsa. 'Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied, and ordered that all the other Qur'anic materials, whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt.
Said bin Thabit added: "A Verse from Surat Ahzab was missed by me when we copied the Qur'an and I used to hear Allah's Apostle reciting it. So we searched for it and found it with Khuzaima bin Thabit Al-Ansari.
(That Verse was): 'Among the Believers are men who have been true in their covenant with Allah.' (33.23)
(Sahih al-Bukhari Book 61 Hadith 510)
.
Whenever the Revelations of the Glorious Quran were received, the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) ordered the appointed scribes to write down verbatim whatever was revealed, and they would write it down. In the absence of paper, the scribes would write down the verses of the Quran verbatim on leather, on tree barks, on bones, etc. Thus the Quran was fully documented, although in various fragments, even at the time of the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ). Besides, a considerable number of the noble companions had memorized the whole Quran in the lifetime of the Prophet (ﷺ), from the Prophet (ﷺ) himself.
.
After the death of the Prophet (ﷺ), the documented Quran was available with Hadrat Abu Bakr (r.a.), and after his death, it was passed on to Hadrat Umar (r.a.). During the reign of the 3rd Caliph, Hadrat Uthmaan (r.a.), he made arrangements to collect and document the Quran in an actual book form on paper, and ordered, with the advice of the other noble and close companions of the Prophet (ﷺ), like Hadrat Ali (r.a.), Hadrat Talha (r.a.), Hadrat Zubair (r.a.), Hadrat Abdul Rahman bin Awf (r.a.), etc., that all the available fragments of the Quran be collected and destroyed by burning, probably so that there remains absolutely no confusion for future generations. The Quran that was documented in a book form in the reign of Hadrat Uthman (r.a.) was documented in the exact language and dialect of the Revelation of the Quran; that is, in the Quraishi Arabic dialect, and that is the exact same Quran which is available to all the believers today and until the end of time, Insha Allah.
.
Thus even today, if one happens to possess Quranic verses from newspaper or book clippings, or an extremely used and torn Quran which one no longer needs, etc. and one wishes to dispose off these texts honorably, the majority of the scholars recommend burning these texts rather than burying them or throwing them in the garbage or the sea.
.
▪️Burying
With this method of disposal, the Quran is to be wrapped in cloth to protect it from the soil and buried in a deep hole. This should be done in a place where people would not normally walk, often on the grounds of a mosque or even a graveyard. According to most scholars, this is the preferred method.
.
▪️Placing in Flowing Water
It is also acceptable to place the Quran in flowing water so that the ink is removed from the page. This will wipe away the words, and disintegrate the paper naturally. Some scholars recommend weighing down the book or papers (tying them to a heavy object like a stone) and casting them into a flowing river or sea. One should check into local regulations before following this method.
.
▪️Burning
Most Islamic scholars agree that burning old copies of the Quran, in a respectful manner in a clean place, is acceptable as a last resort. In this case, one must ensure that the burning is complete, meaning that no words are left legible and the pages have been fully destroyed. At no time should a Quran be burned with the regular trash. Some add that the ashes should then be buried or scattered in running water.
.
▪️Shredding
This is increasingly common in modern times, as long as the letters are shredded finely and the text is unrecognizable as the Quran. Some recommend that the shredded material should be buried or put in water afterward.
.
▪️Storage
One can avoid the issue altogether by putting the Quran into permanent storage rather than disposing of it. Some prefer to wrap the book in a cloth and hide it away in a safe place. In Pakistan, wrapped Qurans are often stored in caves. In Yemen, Syria, and Tunisia, ancient swaddled Qurans have been found during the renovation of old mosques. Some of these have dated to the seventh century C.E.
.
▪️Applications
One can also avoid the issue altogether by using electronic versions of the Quran. These can be stored without worry about damage, and simply deleted if necessary.
.
In many Muslim countries, local mosques take charge of collecting such materials for disposal. Mosques often have a bin in which anyone can drop off old Qurans or other materials upon which Quran verses or Allah's name have been written. In some non-Muslim countries, nonprofit organizations or companies will arrange for disposal. Furqaan Recycling is one such organization in the Chicago area.​
.
Disposing of the Quran may be done by anyone, but should be done with an intention of respect.
.
The act of honorably disposing off the un-useable text of the Quran, be it on paper or in electronic form does not mean one is erasing or deleting the Glorious Quran itself.
.
It is also said that this is one of the signs of Qiyamat that Muslims themselves would erase the Quran by their own hands.
.
We do not know any source for the statement that among the signs of the Hour is that the Muslims would delete the verses of the Quran with their own hands, and none of the reliable books of the scholars that we have at hand has stated this. Rather, some scholars  may  Allah (swt) have  mercy  upon  them stated that it is permissible to write the Quran and delete it and then drink it with the purpose of being cured with it.
.
It could be that it is misunderstood what is reported about the lifting of the Quran at the end of times.
.
‘Abdullaah ibn Mas’ood (R.A) said: “This Quran that is with you is about to be taken away from amongst you.”
He was asked: “How would it be taken away from amongst us while Allah made it firm in our hearts and we made it firm in our Masaahif (plural of Mus-haf which is the Arabic text of the Quran)?"
He said: “In one night it will be removed from the hearts of the people and there will remain nothing of it in the Masaahif and the people would be deprived from it (i.e. they would not remember anything of it).
And then he recited the saying of Allah (swt): "And if We willed, We could surely do away with that which We revealed to you then you would not find for yourself concerning it an advocate against Us." (17:86)
(Narrated by al-Daarimi with a Shahi Isnaad, no. 3209)
.
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “Verily, Allah does not take away knowledge by snatching it from the people, but He takes it away by taking away (the lives of) the religious scholars till none of the scholars remains alive. Then the people will take ignorant ones as their leaders, who, when asked to deliver religious verdicts, will issue them without knowledge, the result being that they will go astray and will lead others astray.” (Sahih Bukhari)
.
The scholars  may  Allah  have  mercy  upon  them stated that 'the Quran will be lifted when there would be no believers left on this earth; it is only the wicked people who would remain and then the Hour will be witnessed by them.'
.
Here, we confirm what we have already said before that Muslims should be careful about such messages which include lies and Dha’eef or fabricated Hadiths.