Chapter Fifteen: Tricks and Tease

MANIK

"Excuse me, who is inside, it's the manager of the store. Many people have complained, may I know what's going on?" Oh my god. We were just gonna kiss, in fact Nandini initiated pulled me closer to him, though my eyes were closed but I could feel what was going on inside her. Bloody manager, why did he had to come in between our very first kiss. Nandini pulled apart suddenly and I was in a dilemma if I should open my eyes or not.

"Nandini, can I open my eyes?" I asked her and she didn't answer for few seconds. "Nandini?" I couldn't take it anymore and opened my eyes to see Nandini struggling to climb up the door to jump into another trial room and that too in her lehenga. "Oh hello, what are you trying to do?" I asked her and held her legs to prevent her from falling.

"Trying to save us from embarrassment?" Nandini spoke and I shook my head in disbelief, we were gonna marry dude, and also I don't care what people think. We didn't do anything wrong, yeah something would have happened if that bloody manager didn't come in between.

"Nandini, it's not necessary. I don't care what people think." I spoke and she continued to move her legs to the other side. "But I do, Manik. I don't want people to think and say bad about our relationship which is so pure. I can't let them ruin it. Now will you please help me to move to the other side, then you open the door and make some excuse to the manager."

She was an angel, she cared about our relationship, she cared about us, she cared about me. What a caring and doting wife I am gonna get! I helped her in climbing that door and then was ready to jump and I signalled go, and she jumped without making any noise. I opened the door when I was sure she reached safely.

"Sir, what are you doing here in the trial room, it's a saree shop." The manager spoke all confused, and clueless as to what I was trying to do there. "Woh.. actually heard someone calling me here and when I came inside, I got locked."

"Got locked by yourself?" The manager asked and I nodded. "Hmm" I said while I could hear giggles of Nandini in the trial room just beside me. "I am getting late, I need to go." I spoke and got out of that store in a hurry, not looking at anyone and oops, collided with Mukti and Alya who were coming inside.

"Arre bhaisaab..... Manik? Tu yahan kya kar raha hai, akele. Nandini ki shopping hogayi?" Mukti asked and I bit my lips embarrassingly and told her the situation to which they both started laughing loud. I looked around us to see people gawking at these two mad women who were laughing at my plight.

"Oopsie doopsie. Trial room Romance, huh, not bad Manik." Alya spoke and they both started laughing again. I asked them both to go and check if Nandini is done or not while I'll be waiting in the car.

Around 15-20 minuted later, I saw Nandini, Mom, Alya and Mukti coming towards the car. As soon as Nandini saw me, she started giggling and seeing her, Mukti and Alya also couldn't control themselves. The trio were laughing while my mom looked at the three and was having a hard time figuring out what happened.

I thought to teach Nandini a lesson for all that giggling, kahan jaogi baby, you have to sit beside me only. As soon as the door opened, I smirked to find Mukti sitting inside while Nandini sat behind with Mom and Alya. This girl, she knew what was coming and took all the safety measure. I looked at the rear view mirror to see Nandini already grinning at me. She mouthed "oh-oh" while I just gave a killer glare to her as I put on my shades.

Mom wanted to reach home early so she asked me to drop her first. The ride back to home was a quiet one, because Nandini was busy chatting with Alya and Mukti while Mom was inviting some of her friends for the wedding. I just sighed.

We reached home, "Mukti, Alya come. Let Nandini and Manik spend some time together." I love Mom! My irritated and frustrated face changed into a cheery and happy one just with that one sentence from my mom. Nandini had no words to say, she just looked at Mukti and Alya, and then at me. I smirked at her, ab Kaun bachayega bachu?

"Aunty, but.... they have already spent so much time, Nandini needs to know us also na." Mukti complained but Mom shook her head in refusal. "No buts, I want you two with me just now. I need help with some preparations, Nandini why don't you join Manik in the front seat?" I grinned mischievously as Mukti & Alya looked at Nandini with disappointment while Nandini had a straight face as she lazily got out of the car, and sat beside me.

Mom waved to us and I blew a kiss at her. Nandini looked sadly at Mukti and Alya as I had a lopsided grin. "Bye bye girls." I spoke sarcastically as I drove ahead. There was complete silence as Nandini was too nervous to say anything while I was waiting for some killer move. "Erm, Aap kuch jyada hi chup nahi baithi hai miss Murthy? Ab hasi nahi aari aapko?" I spoke and looked at her to find her loss at words, she was just playing with her hair strands and the ends of her kurta.

"Woh....Manik. Come on it was funny na." She spoke in a persuasive manner, thinking I'll give it. But I was Manik Malhotra, after all. "Maine kab bola, funny nahi tha. It was definitely entertaining. But you know what was more intimidating for me?" I spoke as I leaned towards her while she tried to shift only to find no space, I stopped the car there, thankfully I decided to take her for a long drive before I could drop her back her home, we were at this road which was surrounded by lush green trees and roads taking us to peace and serenity. I could hear her heartbeats racing as I leaned more towards her.

"Whhaattt...?" Nandini spoke with nervousness lacing her voice. "That moment which was going to happen if the manager didn't interrupted. Want to continue from where we left?"

***************
Okay, so many of you anted an update of Pehli Dafa but I already had this one drafted, and also, this update was pending.

How was it, people?

Do you think MaNan are gonna kiss?

What will be Nandini's reaction on Manik's questions?

Let me know!!!

Love,
TheSweetGirlYouKnow