Chapter One : A Day That Changed My Life

NANDINI

I parked my car outside his home where I already found another car parked there. It wasn't Madhyam's car or of any of his family members because all the cars of his home have a 'S' mark at the back. Maybe, the caterer had come to discuss something. Anyways, I'll ask him only na. Kuch bhi kuch sochti hai Nandini Tu.

I was in my thoughts when I crashed with a servant. "Uffo. Can't you see? Acha leave it. Madhyam is in his room right?" I asked him and he looked down.

"Kuch bologe? And whose car is parked outside?" I enquired and he was still mum. I just gave a glare to him and started climbing up the stairs to his room. "Ma'am sir has asked not to let anybody in his room." The servant finally spoke and I stopped at the stairs turning to him. "I am not anybody. I am his fiancé." I spoke and left. Stupid servant.

I was going to knock the door when I heard giggles of a girl. "Madhyam..." I heard a girl calling his name. I was shook. My hands started trembling with fear as I pushed the door open to see Madhyam and a girl naked together in one bed. I was shocked would be an understatement because I could see my world crashing down. All my dreams breaking down into pieces in front of my eyes.

I didn't realize when tears started trickling down my cheeks and everything was blurry. I wanted to escape that situation. I didn't wanted to face it. I don't have that courage. I don't want to know that he doesn't love me. I don't want to know that all those things which he said to me were a lie. All I could manage to say was "Sorry" But Madhyam had already noticed me. He held my hand to stop me from leaving and I jerked off his hand.

"Nandu...I can explain." Was that guy in his senses? What does he expect me to believe after witnessing this live porn in front of me. I couldn't believe that I had actually loved a person like this. "Nandu is dead for you. It's Nandini Murthy from now. I didn't knew tum itne besharam nikloge jo itna sab hone ke baad bhi apna muh kholne ki koshish karoge. And no need for explanation, your condition and the situation with this girl explains everything. I'll take your leave them, enjoy your makeout session."

I mocked and Madhyam pursed his lips out of embarrassment. "Nandini..I love you. It was just an attraction. I really really love you and want to marry you." He spoke and I couldn't help but pity on this idiot. Was he dumb or was he dumb?

"Excuse me? Did you just talk about marriage? Marriage with you, my foot. Do you think I'll marry you after seeing this live porn? You're in a deep misunderstanding Mr Singhania." I spoke and looked at that girl who was shamelessly watching this drama.

"Madhyam...leave her na. Let her go." She spoke and I wanted to scratch her eyes out right there. "How dare you speak between us? This is none of your business, just stay out of it. And I am extremely sorry for disturbing your makeout session. Carry on."

I spoke and was leaving when she yelled. "You were the one who came between us." When she said this, for a moment I was not able to feel anything. I was the one who came between them? Did I hear it right? She was the one who came between us. Or maybe did I?

"Excuse me? Will you repeat what you said?" I spoke to reaffirm myself. "Oh you heard it right, Miss Goodie Girl. You were the one who came between us. Remember that exchange program of your college where Madhyam went to Delhi for some time? We met, clicked, fell in love. Yeah indeed you were dating him, but when he returned, you guys started having issues, didn't you?" She spoke and all those flashbacks started coming to me. Yeah, indeed he was behaving strangely after returning from Delhi. We had many misunderstandings and it felt that our relationship won't last.

"How do you know about all this? This was our personal thing, even our close friends didn't knew about it." I was even so stupid to ask her this question. They were fucking cheating on me. "Sweetie, we love each other. The real love. Obviously I'll know what he knows. I know all those secrets that you shared with him. All your embarrassing stories and everything. Don't worry, I won't reveal it to anyone, okay sweetheart?" Those words were like needles, each and every word of hers pierced my heart and I wanted to scream in pain. How can he do this? He was my best friend first and boyfriend later. Boyfriend dhokha de toh we can get over it but jab best friend dhokha de toh uss dard ko kabhi mitaya nahi jaa sakta.

"Is she saying the truth?" I asked looking at Madhyam, hoping it not to be true.

He just looked down and I screamed with tears rolling down my cheeks. "Is she fucking saying the truth, Mr Madhyam Singhania. Answer me damn it!"

He just nodded and everything was over. My world turned upside down in last one hour and I couldn't do anything. My best friend, my boyfriend, my lover everything was snatched from me and here I was ...crying. "Satisfied? You know the biggest mistake you committed was to propose marriage to him and announcing it to everyone. Madhyam was planning to tell you about me. But couldn't because of family pressure and also he didn't wanted to lose that property he was getting because of this marriage. The only daughter of rich parents. We planned it. We wanted to get this property and then kick you out of our life."

Silent claps everybody for Miss Nandini Murthy who is such an emotional idiot. I feel like I am the biggest fool in this entire century. I tried to give him my everything, my what did I receive? Lies, deceit, fake love. He wanted my property? Like seriously. Main itna pyaar karti thi ki agar pyaar se puchta toh main haste huye de deti.

"What a game you have played, Madhyam. Seriously, hats off. You changed the concept of love for me. Because of you, from now I am going to hate love. I am never going to trust any guy from now on because the only guy whom I trusted so much broke it into pieces. Thanks to you that I won't love any other guy. I am going to hate the word love. And all the blame goes to you. Thank you for coming in my life and giving me a curse which won't fade anytime soon." I spoke and just rushed outside as I couldn't take any longer. His face was making me feel disgusted. I couldn't believe what was happening. For a second I wanted to wake up from this bad dream and hug him tight but unfortunately it was true. I was living my worst nightmare.

Koyi khoyi si hoon main,
Kyun yeh dil ka haal hain,
Dhundli saarein khwab hain,
Uljha har khayal hain,

I sat in the car with a heavy heart as I saw the nameplate "Singhania's" it had been my dream to become one since college day and like my trust, the dream also was shattered into pieces.

Saari kaliya murchha gayein,
Rang unke yaado mein reh gayein,
Saari gharonde raith ke,
Lehre aayi, lehron mein beh gayein..
.......

I wiped my tears from the back of my hand as the other hand was handling the steering. Everything was coming back to me, the proposal, the wedding preparations, those late night talks, how he used to flirt with me, our first kiss, how we told our parents, everything. How was I going to forget him?

-------------------------