Chapter Eleven: Mission Manik Patao

"Nandu, wake up beta. Kitni der tak soegi." I don't know when I fell asleep after Manik fiasco. When I woke up, I wanted everything to be a dream, and hoped that things between me and Manik were fine. But unfortunately it wasn't, as I found the ice cream cup lying in the Dustbin which meant, it all happened. I didn't knew what to tell my family anymore. How would they react if they come to know that once again, the wedding they were waiting for is not happening.

I took a bath and was getting dressed when my phone beeped, I badly wanted this message to be of Manik but it wasn't. It was of Navya, my childhood friend. "Reached Mumbai, gonna be at your place soon." Yay, Navya is gonna be here soon. She used to live in Patna with her parents, we both had studied at the same college in Mumbai and after studies, she moved back with her parents in Patna. I blankly looked at the phone screen to beep with the message of Manik but it didn't. Itna kya gussa tha uss ladke ko?

I was checking my phone when I heard some noises from the living room. Someone had come, but Navya messaged just now. It would take atleast half an hour for her to reach. Who was there then? Maybe, Manik? I knew it, he would come to apologize to me. I ran towards the living room to find Nyonika Aunty, with two girls by her side. Both extremely gorgeous. "Nandini, how are you beta?" She saw and asked me while I went to touch her feet and seek blessings.

"I am fine, Aunty. How are you? How is Uncle?" I asked her with concern. "Beta, No Aunty and Uncle, Call us Mom and Dad.Koi pressure nahi hai beta, but we would love to hear those words from you." She patted my cheek lovingly. She was such a sweet lady. "Acha, Nandini, this is Alya and Mukti, Manik's best friends and they're like sisters to him." She introduced me to the two gorgeous ladies which accompanied her. "And Alya, Mukti, this is Nandini, Tumhaare Manik aur humari pasand.

They both hugged me, and I hugged them back. "Pallavi Ji, we came her to take Nandini with us for shopping. It's a tradition in our family that the inlaws gift some sarees to the girl as Shagun." She said and looked at us. I looked at my mother and she nodded. "Ji bilkul, Nandu. Go get ready." Amma said and I went inside to get ready.

Wait a minute, if Nyonika Aunty came to take me, that means, Manik has not told her anything, which means, we're still marrying. And if Manik really wanted to cancel the marriage, he would have told her in the morning itself. Phew, that means, he is just angry with me and the marriage is on. My happiness knew no bounds and I did a happy dance in my mind,itself. "Nandini." I heard a knock at my door and it was Alya and Mukti. "Alya, Mukti. Come inside na." I asked them to come and gestured them to sit as I wore my earrings.

"Nandini, sorry if you'll find us rude. Because somethings that we're gonna say are gonna hurt you." Mukti said and I was surprised. I didn't expected this. "Yes, Nandini, as you know everything is going so fast. We never got a chance to get to know you, even Manik didn't. I don't know what happened to him that out of all the girls, he wants to marry you. Don't get me wrong, but you know right? We all are strangers to each other." Alya went on and I completely agreed to her, she wasn't wrong, what did I knew about Manik, till now?

"Manik is our piece of heart, I know about whatever happened to you and I am sorry for that, but don't ever hurt Manik, humse bura koi nahi hoga. He likes you a lot, dekha hai humne uski aankhon mein, that's why we didn't object his decision because we didn't get to see that fondness in his eyes for some other girl in the past 24 years. We are searching for a perfect girl for him since so long, he didn't liked even one. And now, suddenly, without even meeting you, he decides to marry you." Mukti said and I looked at them. Manik na pura buddhu hai! Who makes such a big decision like this?

"Nandini, we just wanted to tell you that please don't ever hurt Manik. He is a really nice guy, haan kabhi kabhi mistakes hoti hai usse,but don't judge him for that. He knows how to make up for them. Trust me, once you get to know him, you'll like him more day by day. Don't ruin his chance because of your past." Alya kept a hand on my shoulder and looked at me with soft eyes. They weren't warning me or something, they were asking me for the happiness of their best friend. What should I tell them? I ruined it all, I broke his heart because my heart was broken. That moment, I felt bad about myself. Manik had always supported me, and tried his best to make me forget about everything. I was the one clinging to fears of the past and neglecting my present and future that was lying before us. If it would have been some other guy, he wouldn't have this much patience to hear me rant about Madhyam and everything that happened, is red he would have showed how great he is, that he is marrying me and would have tried every way to push me down. I have to make up for what I did. I have to make this wedding happen. Yes, I want to marry Manik, anyhow.

Suddenly, I hear a male voice coming from the living room. It was familiar, oh my, it was of Manik. Alya and Mukti got conscious, and they gestured me that they're going out. I nodded and they went. Okay, so Nandini, Mission Manik Patao starts now. I have to let Manik know his importance in my life and also the importance of our wedding. I slowly walked to the living room to see him seated there with Amma,Nyonika Aunty, Mukti and Alya. He got up seeing me there, and.. and... and I ran up to him and hugged him. He was shocked and so were everyone else in that room. It was a pretty bold move by me, and that time, I could find this the only way for Mission Manik Patao to start. I whispered in his ears with a sexy tone "I missed you baby." And almost touched his cheeks with my lips which left him shocked to the core.