Chapter Four : Tit for Tat?

NANDINI

Is this all for real? I know it is but my heart is not ready to believe all that is happening. Life is strange, very strange, actually. In 3 hours,an ordinary girl's world turned upside down, 3 hours ago I was marrying the love of my life, the man of my dreams and now, I am meeting a completely new person who will be my future husband. I know, nothing is decided but I know my parents, they have already planned my married life with him. Ugghh! My parents!

'Knock,Knock'

I lifted my eyes which were gazing my lap while I was thinking and found that handsome hunk looking at me nervously. Wait a sec, did I just called him 'Handsome Hunk' ? Freak! It was my heart! Shutup Mr. Heart! Let me concentrate on him! Because he is still standing outside looking at me blank.

I stood up and gestured him to sit while he also gestured me to sit after he sat. I nodded and sat, preparing myself for the grand attack, I had been planning and this poor guy have to suffer, unfortunately.

"So, What's the plan?"

I asked smirking evilly as he adjusted himself on the bed. Excuse me? This is my bed and you needn't be comfortable on it.

"Sorry?"

He spoke softly as he raised his eyebrows to me and I smirked again.
Gosh! His voice was so good!

"I mean, you had thought of something right? To trap me and my family, for money. You know like people like 'Poor girl of poor parents, I pity her!'"

I imitated the aunties and uncles in our neighbourhood who come to our home for gossip and I hear them sometimes while doing my work.

"Excuse me?"

He spoke still confused and I gave myself a victorious smile mentally. Too good Nandini! Just a little more and he will get angry and will no longer marry me!

"Oh Come on Mr. You don't need to pretend anymore, I know you are marrying me for money, so just stop it and tell me the plan, I promise I won't reveal anything to our parents!"

I spoke looking at him and grinning to him while he was a confused but it seemed his confusion flew away as a smirk came on his face replacing the confusion and now it's time for me to get confused!

"Ahan, You got to know? So irresponsible of me! By the way how did you know that I was marrying you for money? Yeah, you are right! 200% right! I am marrying you just to expand our business and earning more money. Dowry you know? And Miss, the name is Manik Malhotra! Owner of Malhotra Group of Industries and soon to be owner of Murthy Industries also? Am I right or am I right?"

What the f***!! Is he serious? What the hell! Where did you stuck me Aiyappa! First Madhyam and now this Manik! Oh gosh! What will I do? Should I reveal the truth to Amma - Appa? No! I don't think, this is a great idea! They will not trust me! Instead they will say I am making excuses to reject the proposal! Should I confront him? I guess, this is better.

"Ohh! So this was what you were planning! But your game is over Mr. Manik Malhotra! I will reveal everything to our parents! Just wait and watch."

I spoke sternly and he looked at me amusingly and after I was finished he moved aside and gestured me to go ahead and I just stomped my foot in irritation and sat on bed while he let out a chuckle and I glared at him as he kept fingers on his lips to stop them from bursting into laughter.

"By the way, how did you know, my game plan?"

He asked as he faced my back and I blurted out.

"I didn't knew anything! I was just teasing you so that you feel offended and reject me! That's it! Who knew this was your real motive! I was just trying to offend you!"