Chapter Thirteen: Way To Go, Mrs Perfect

*INLINE COMMENTS APPRECIATED*

MANIK

"Manik...wait. Please, listen to me once. I agree with what all you just said, yes you were right, I was doing this for my parents, and I am sorry I neglected you because of Madhyam. Can you give me one last chance to set this all right?" She spoke with utmost sincerity and softness that I couldn't refuse to her. How would I? I liked her very much, in fact maybe loved her.

"Okay, agreed. But what will you set right with this one last chance, Nandini. Pyaar, zindagi mein ek hi baar hota hai, aur woh tumhe ho chuka hai." I said to prove my point, according to her she had already given her heart to someone who had broken it real bad. Did she have the guts to fall in love again?

"Manik, tumne hi kaha tha na, I had infatuation with Madhyam. Because agar true love hota toh dono sides se hota. Agar sahi mein hamari story ki happy ending honi hoti toh ho jaati. Par nahi huyi, in fact, tumhe tumhaari story mil gayi mere saath. It means something doesn't it? Manik, god has made us meet and now everything is falling into place, why? Because we are meant to be together." I was not believing my ears, is that the same girl who didn't wanted to marry in the first place, and claimed that she only loves Madhyam?

"But you love Madhyam, right?" I asked her to clear the confusion, what did she mean by we're meant to be together? Did she indirectly confessed her love?

"I won't lie to you, but yes I agree, I still have feelings for him. Manik, we had a relationship of 5 years, how can I forget him so easily? Time will heal me and my wounds given by him, you'll help me heal and you have already started doing it, now you want to leave me midway, and again betray me like Madhyam did?" She came close to me as she held my hand, and looked deep into my eyes, asking for assurance that I won't leave her.

"Nandini..." I didn't knew what to say that time and a Nandini sensed it, she kept her finger on my lips and we both just looked at each other's eyes, no words were required at that moment. "Tumhe, kuch bolne ki zarurat nahi hai, Manik. I understand everything, your dilemma, ab jo bhi karna hai main karungi." She said and I was confused, what is she gonna do?

"What?"

"You came as Mr Perfect in my life na, now I'll become Mrs Perfect for you. Kuch dinon mein hamari shaadi hai, shaadi ki 1st month anniversary tak you'll get your Mrs Perfect, I promise. I'll become everything you wanted in your dream girl." Kya ladki thi Yeh, she already had everything and that was the reason I instantly got attracted to her in the first place. She didn't had to do anything, she was perfect as the way she was.

"Arre, pagli. You don't need to do anything, you are perfect the way you are, bas apna Yeh devdasini wala mood hatao aur thoda hasna shuru karo. Mujhe sirf purani wali Nandini ko dekhna hai, who was chirpy and cheerful. Who used to shine like a star." I told her as I kept my another hand on her to seal her hand with both my hands. And also, to assure her, that whatever may come, I'll not leave her.

"Ahem ahem." We both were sharing an intense EyeLock when we heard a noise and looked behind to find, Mom,Mukti and Alya standing there, giggling.

"Agar itni saari baatein karni thi toh bata dete hume, hum movie dekhke aa jaate. Shop mein intezaar toh nahi karna padhta." Mom remarked sarcastically as we both looked down in embarrassment.

"Mom..woh.." I gathered courage to speak when mom stopped me in between. "Rehne de, Manik. Nandini, come and waise, haath chodhne ka irada hai ki aise hi andar chaloge?" Mom pointed towards our intertwined hands as Alya and Mukti smiled slyly while Nandini freed her hands in a hurry and was completely flushed. Mom and Nandini walked ahead as Mukti and Alya were on my sides.

"Kya ho raha hai bhaisaab. You guys were so close, holding hands, hum nahi aate toh shayad kiss bhi ho jaati,haina?" Mukti mocked me as she nudged me and I showed my eyes to her. "We never know, Mukti. Shayad dono car mein baithke, kahin chale bhi jaate, hume chodhke, inhe yaad bhi nahi the hum toh." It was time for Alya to make fun of us,as she nudged me to Mukti's side and I got frustrated and I moved ahead while both the girls laughed.

I walked beside Nandini, and thought of some mischief. As Mom was telling her about our family, I gently held her hand, and she twitched out of surprise. And looked at me, as if her eyes would pop out any minute, I winked at her naughtily to which she blushed to the darkest shade of red. "Galti kardi humne, Manik ko saath laake, driver ko saath le aana. Rajkumar Ji, agar aapka Romance karne ka hogaya ho, toh Rajkumari ko shopping kara dun, ghar bhi jaana hai humein."

Fuck, mom saw us again and mocked us, Alya and Mukti came ahead to join Mom in her sarcastic comments. "Manik, bas kar, Abhi shaadi bachi hai, shaadi ke baad room se nikalne hi mat dena, Nandini ko. Okay?" Mukti mocked and chuckled while Nandini was looking here and there to save herself from further embarrassment. I was enjoying every bit of her facial expressions. She was really trying to change herself for me. Was I successful in winning her love?

"Manik, you stay out of the store, pata chala wahan bhi shuru ho jaega. Nandini, Alya, Mukti come." Unfair! Unfair! Unfair! Masoom Bache ke saath koi aisa anyaay karta hai bhala? I made a grumpy face and looked at them. Mukti and Alya laughed and teased me as they were going it while Nandini looked at me with gloomy eyes. I pointed to the store and joined my hands to request Mom to let me come in. She asked me to wait, and went inside. Mom and Nandini had a talk and both of them looked at me, while I made a puppy face and held my ears.

Mom smiled, and gestured me to come in. I came in and now those gloomy eyes of Nandini were replaced by happy ones. "Thank you Mrs Perfect." I said to her with a flirtatious smile. "Aapke liye toh kuch bhi, Rajkumar Ji." She said and Mom called out to her. She was going and my eyes were following her when she turned around, and smiled to me. I smiled back and haayeee. She winked at me, did everyone see that? Fuck everyone, it was for me and I saw that. Haayye, main mar jawaannnn. Nandini just winked at me! She did! Yes, she did. Oh, Ladki Aankh Maareyyyyy!!

***********
The last line was lame, wasn't it 😂😂

Also, we got a new cover. Yayy, I absolutely love it. The credits goes to GraphicAssemblers

Anyways, I am trying to update every alternate day, let's see how it goes.

I am looking forward for response, all the regular and loyal readers of the story, lots of love to you. I feel so happy seeing those comments by you. Stay blessed everyone

Love,
TheSweetGirlYouKnow