Chapter 14: The Whomping Willow

Weeks had gone by, I had been avoiding George. How could I avoid him for that long, I'm not even sure. I don't know what hes thinking. I don't even know what to think anymore. I wasn't thinking when I kissed him, or maybe I just didn't care anymore. I thought something was there between us. I've been having these vivid dreams of George telling me I'm insane, that we would never work. And it just reinforces me to avoid him the next day. I've been spending my breakfast, lunch and dinners at the Slytherin table, which everyone knows is unlike me.

Of course Fred and the trio noticed, and from what I could tell, George kept his mouth shut about our kiss. He didn't tell anyone, I didn't tell anyone. Just our little secret. Yes, I've been avoiding him, but it's not like he's taking every opportunity to try and come over to me.

Honestly, I feel sad, I thought something was going to happen. He grabbed the back of my head, he kissed me back, that means something, right? I feel embarrassed, I cant believe I just kissed him. I'm confused because even though he kissed me back, he was the first to walk away. Maybe I'm just another sibling to him. Maybe my judgement was unclear. Maybe he thinks I was still unstable from the dementor.

It was only a matter of before people started asking questions. During study hall I sat at a different table from the twins and Hermione came to sit by me, leaving Harry and Ron confused. I'm pretty sure I heard Ron ask George what he did to me, as I look back, I hear George telling him to bugger off.

I quickly turn back around as Hermione sets her bag next to me she pulls out a book but I know she isnt reading, shes watching me.

"Everyone misses you." She whispers, I look at her and she jerks her head towards the twins, but I don't look over.

"I'm just busy." I whisper back, lying, and writing my essay for transfiguration.

"No, you're avoiding. You can tell me anything.." she says, I look at her again.

I shake my head.

"George isnt speaking either." Hermione says.

"I'm busy." I pack up my homework and quickly leave the study hall.

I think the only reason the twins are in the study hall is because their OWLs are right around the corner. I walk down the corridor, basically going anywhere but around the twins. I make my way to the dungeons when I feel a hand tug my arm and pull me around the corner. Great, here comes trouble. I look up to see Fred Weasley standing a little bit too close for comfort. He raises his eyebrow at me but I don't speak.

"How've you been?" he asks.

"I'm fine." I say.

Fred shakes his head in irritation. "You're lying. What happened after the quidditch match? You and George went to talk and then he went in the great hall alone and said he didn't know where you went." He crosses his arms as I look up at him. "His eyes have been burning into your back every meal since then."

"I highly doubt that." I say.

"Hes been talking in his sleep..." Fred admits.

"Keeps saying hes sorry. What's he sorry for?"

"I don't know, Fred!" I exclaim.

"Well, it's not like him to not tell me anything." Fred says. "It's driving me mad. Do I need to put you two in a room together to talk it out?"

My mind starts to wonder on what would happen if George and I were left in a room alone together. Would we talk normally to each other, standing a foot apart? Would we be several feet apart yelling and throwing things across the room? Would we just stand there with nothing to say? Would he shove me up against a wall and kiss me as if he cant breathe if his lips arent touching mine?-no. No. I shake the thought out of my head. Theres no way in hell. Why the hell did my mind go to that?