Chapter 8: Scars and Secrets

I sit up on my knees and look around, grabbing my wand out of my pocket.

"Lumos maxima." I say, my wand lights the room.

I then see Draco Malfoy, bruised face and all. Shit, I'm in trouble. I stand up quickly.

"Thought we could have a proper duel. Without your blood traitor boyfriends around." He says.

"You're a lot dumber than what you look, trying to fight me after today." I snap back, he has a smirk on his face.

"I figured we could do it with wands." Draco says, holding his wand up.

"You're in luck, I'm a lot better with my wand than my fists." I point my wand at Draco and breathe deep.

He casts a nonverbal spell and I jump over to the right, I pull down a table and hide behind it. This is definitely a classroom. I'm just not sure which one. I look over at the door, hoping someone would come in.

"Don't even think for a second someones coming for you. I've got charms on this area, no one will hear you scream." Draco says in a demented voice.

"Expulso!" I point my wand at Draco, he shoots back with a scream and hits the wall.

"Incendio!" I point to the book shelf next to him, it begins to be engulfed by flames.

Draco stumbles to get up and moves away from the fire, he points his wand at the bookcase and mutters aguamenti and the bookcase is soaked with water. He looks at me and glares, I stand up and face him.

"is that how we're gonna play, mudblood?" he sneers and sends a stupify charm at me. I get knocked onto the ground and quickly get back up.

"God, you're really annoying, overusing that word, I think. Bombarda!" I point the wand at the desk behind him and it explodes, making Draco fall once again.

We're completely destroying this classroom and after today I'm definitely not safe in my own common room. I don't think I'm safe anywhere. Draco gets up and points his wand at me.

"You should have died last year when the chamber was opened!" he sends a curse and I cant move my legs. I look at him, hes gonna kill me. That's why he has me in here.

"Well, I didn't." I say, trying not to sound panicked.

He walks over to me and shoves me on the ground. "I'll take care of you, how all mudbloods should be taken care of." I look up at him as he points his wand at me. I breathe deep. I'm gonna die. "Crucio!" Draco yells, a red beam hits me square in the chest. My hair turns black immediately.

I scream and scream, my body feels as if it's on fire, I feel as if all the blood is boiling in my veins and it's too hot, it almost feels like electricity running through me. I want to die, I could die, he could kill me and the pain will stop. My mind begins to freak out, I start to have visions of a red light coming towards me, and burning sensation throughout my body. I cant recognize the person as all I can see is a red light fixated on my chest.

Draco pulls away his wand for a moment, my vision snaps back to reality. I struggle to breathe, I notice the leg binding curse isn't in effect anymore on me. But I still cant move. I lay on the cold hard floor, watching Malfoy. Waiting for his next move, I'm exhausted. Hes pacing the room and I try to breathe deep, but a sharp pain hits my right side on my upper ribs. I'm bleeding through my jacket. When did that get there?

I look at Draco again and he has his wand pointed at me, he does the cruciatus curse on me again and the room is filled with my screams. The white hot burning sensation is filling my body again, I can barely breathe. My vision turns up again, but I can still see no one, it's even worse than before if that's possible.