cute barista 》inotorious

•

Your idea seemed pretty appealing so I'm keeping the other prompts for another time! Reminder to others that requests are open :) if you have any questions about the prompts, comment here and I'll send you a lil list!
Side note: I've only went to Starbucks once in my whole life so I had to search up their menu to see what they served since I'm an idiot

Word count: 1413 words
Published: Saturday, February 2nd 2019
Requested by: @LapisPrincessLibby

-

It was that time of year again where you had to constantly study. 'How fun,' You thought to yourself as you put your heavy books into your backpack. If you were going to bury your nose back into the books, you were going to enjoy it - hopefully. You were a frequent visitor at the nearby Starbucks, and the staff loved you. Normally, you'd spend the rest of the afternoon there until they closed, focusing on whatever was in front of you, but today you left your dorm late because you had lost a bunch of notes that you had written. Turns out they were under your desk the whole time. You were brought back to reality as you finally got to the cafe's door, opening it wide, only to be greeted by welcoming warmth.
"Welcome back, Y/N!" One of the staff greeted, smiling at you.
"Hi there Julia, how are you?" You asked, grinning back at her.
"I'm good, thank you. How 'bout you? Back at it with studying?"
"I'm okay, and yeah, I'm back into the books." You sighed as you said this. "But hey, at least I can get my fuel here."
You set your things down, then went back to the counter to order. Instead of Julia being there, she was replaced by a handsome guy. 'Oh shit abort abort,' your mind told you, but you knew you would really need the coffee for yourself.
"Hi, what can I get for you?" The man asked. 'Oh no his voice is so fucking nice how am I gonna do this without messing up?!' You thought to yourself, suddenly at a loss for words.
"Uh- yeah hi, could I have an espresso macchiato and butter croissant, please?" You knew you'd come back for something sweeter later when your brain would turn to jello, but decided to start off with something simple.
"Of course. Name?"
"Y-Y/N." You cursed yourself internally as you stuttered, a light blush dusting your cheeks. The man nodded, writing your name down on the cup before telling you that he'd call your name in a bit. You went back to your seat after paying, opening up one of the books you had brought along, but you found it hard to concentrate as the cute barista was taking over your thoughts.
"Espresso macchiato and butter croissant for R/N?" The man called out. 'Who?' You thought to yourself - you were currently the only customer in the cafe. "R/N?" He said again. You went up, just in case he was mispronouncing your name. Surprise surprise, it was for you.
"Thank you." You said. "Not to be rude or anything, but it's pronounced Y/N." You continued, frantically getting the words out before heading to your seat. A few hours later, you realized it was 9:25pm, close to the time when the cafe closes. You gathered your things, packing up, and gave a quick goodbye to the staff before leaving to head back to your dorm. You dreamt of the cute barista that night.