Chapter 1

The atmosphere in the university cafeteria was thick enough to cut an ice.

The area was packed to the brim. Since it was the common lunch time between 3 other departments, the area was busy. An essential rush out. But the majority of the people there were from the engineering department.

In the heart of the long stretched room was one who the the others seemed to gravitate towards. While the place was packed, most people seemed to throw him a glance. With a straight laced fringe and a bright smile, it was easy to see why. But the eyes held an oxymoron mixture of sweetness and sharp knife.

With a loud laughed he roared, surrounded by a table full of 4 other unusually handsome guys.

There wasn't a soul who didn't know who Kao was. Even the people outside of the engineering department knew of the scholar Prince. Their university wasn't like the others. Majority of the pupils in University were from old money. For anyone 'ordinary' to get through was unthinkable but somehow Kao had became infamous after managing to get in their university based on 100% scholarship.

That was unheard of yet Kao had managed that. Said boy was a genius and that was undisputed. Add in his charming smile and generally polite demeanor, his popularity between the girls put him straight to the top.

He was the perfect student. Top marks in everything and looks to back up. Always punctual. Which is why there was a shocked discord throughout the engineering majority when Kao hadn't come to the morning classes. He only appeared just 30 minutes before lunch during one lecture. But seeing as this was the first time the perfect student Kao slacked their usually evil teacher let him pass.

Which is why most people were staring at him more during this lunch time. What could be big enough that the perfect Kao would come in so late in their class? They wanted to know but no one was brave enough.

Kao wasn't as delicate as his face suggested. His eyes portrayed delicate fierceness that pierced through when the situation called for it. That still wasn't enough to stop the people from admiring him from the distant.

"God he is so beautiful...do you think we aren't good enough for him" one girl loudly asked as she glanced at the laughing boy mid-mouthful of food.

The second long haired girl beside her smacked her head.

"Do you want to die! You do realise that if a certain someone hears about this he is gonna flay you!" Sandee hissed under her breath as she threw a glare at Kao's way.

As if he felt her glare, Kao turned his head around until it met Sandee. His eyes startled and blinked but then he gave a cocky smirk which caused Sandee to scoff and turn her face around.

"Aww look at her disgust. She thinks we actually care and that intimidates us. How cute" June said it with a sarcastic voice as he glared back at Sandee. Kao looked at June but June simply smiled back innocently. Kao simply shook his head at his best friend. June just loved playing with fire. Before Kao met him and got him under his wings, June used to pick up fights so much that he would always get beat up. But once June joined them and became a trio they were unstoppable. This team work lead to their joint lead in the hierarchy of their degree.

A cough was heard and a hand smacked June.

"OI! THADA!" June screamed at the third member of their trio but Thada did not say anything. Instead he looked at Kao and raised his eyebrows.

"So what's the reason for you not being in this morning Mr. Perfect?" Thada asked. Kao didn't look offended, he simply gave a calm smirk and replied.

"A childhood friend of mine just came this morning and needed help so that's why I got in late" Kao spoke nostalgically with a smile on his face.

"Ooh just friends...something tells me it's more than that if you're making that face!" June teased but Kao simply rolled his eyes.