Chapter 30

Rick smiled over at Mill and Mary from a few seat away. Sensing someone looking at her Mill turns until her eyes met Rick. She glared at him but Rick could tell that it wasn't as intense like they use to be, she might actually be forgiving him a little bit. Ricks gaze takes in the whole table seeing everyone smiling faces until he lands on Jenner who sat away from the celebrating group. Raising his fork to tap it against him glass Rick catches everyone's attention.
"It seems to me we haven't thanked our host properly." He announces.
"He's more than just our host." T corrected.
"Hear hear." Dale agrees as Daryl stands up and leans over the table brink off his ass.
"Here's to you, Doc, booyah!" He shouted getting a few echoes from Dale and Mill
"Thank you, thank you. Doctor." Rick adds raising his glasses along with everyone else.
"Booyah!" T hollers as everyone clinks their glasses together.
"So when are you gonna tell us what the hell happened here, Doc? All the... the other doctors that were supposed to be figuring out what happened, where are they?" Shake spoke causing everyone to go silent and turn to him.
"We're celebrating, Shane. We don't need to do this now." Mill hissed clearly pissed off at Shane action as she glares at him.
"Whoa, wait a second. This is why we're here right? This was Rick's move. Supposed to find all the answers. Instead we found him. Found one man, why?" Jenner looks over at Shane who turns to look at him.
"Well, when things got bad, a lot of people just left, went off to be with their families. And when things got worse, when the military cordon got overrun, the rest bolted." Jenner explained as everyone's attention turned to him.
"Every last one?" Shane asked as Jenner sighed.
"No, many couldn't face walking out the door. They... opted out. There was a rush of suicides. That was a bad time." He explained looking down at the ground as memories rushed through his head.
"You didn't leave why?" Mill asked towards Jenner now curious to why he didn't leave.
"I just kept working, hoping to do some good." Jenner answered causing everyone to look down. Glenn who had his hands on the table turns to Shane.
"Dude, you are such a buzz kill, man." He states as the happy conversations and laughed stopped for the rest of the meal.

Jenner now led the group down another hall this one reminding Mill of an office building. She brought up the rear yet again with Daryl and Mary, who held onto her mother's hand as they walked down hall.
"Most of the facility is powered down including housing so you'll have to make do here. The couches are comfortable, but there are cots in the storage if you like. There's a rec room down the hall that you kids might enjoy. Just don't plug in the video games, okay? Or anything that draws power. The same applies... if you shower, go easy on the hot water." Jenner explained turning around every so often. At the mention of hot water everyone seemed to stop in their tracks allowing Jenner to make his way somewhere else to leave the group alone. Glenn with a huge smile on his face looks behind him at the group.
"Hot water?" He asked causing T to look over at him and smile.
"That's what the man said." He confirmed as they both laughed.

When it was Mary and Mills turn to use the showers Mill was sure to make it quick seeing how other people needed to shower. To she besides that her and Mary would shower together. She starts on Mary first scrubbing away the dirt and grime finding a few bruises here and there. She then went to her little girls hair and scrubbed it the best she could with out shampoo. She then did the same thing to herself relaxing as the warm water hits her aching joints. All good things have to come to an end though and Mill had to get out of the shower and help Mary change into a pair of pjs before changing into a sweatshirt and sweatpants herself. She then walked out of the bathroom passing a smiling Glenn and T who where talking about something. Her bag was over her shoulder as the pair make it to the rec room seeing Lori, Carol, Carl, and Sophia already there. Mary quickly goes over to the other two kids who start to play Go Fish with Mary. Mill takes a seat on the sofa in front of the over the other two mothers where sitting on striking up a conversation with them.