Blissful day

Kaneki's PoV:

Me and Hide continued to drink our coffee, this should kill off my hunger for a while. Hide was still smiling at me, I could feel my throat throb with a sickness I sorta... enjoyed... he made me nervous, but in a good way. I can't describe the way Hide makes me feel, there's too many at once. Whenever I'm with him I feel like there's no worries in the world, he's the only one I care about. But eventually I'll need to tell him. We eventually finished our drinks, Hide left the money on the table then got up, walking to the door "you coming, Kaneki?" Hide asked, looking back at me, I nod then walk out with him to the book store.

"Kaneki, why do you read all the time?" Hide asks "not about that, but, wouldn't you prefer to I don't know... maybe... hang out with me more...?" He looks away, something about the way he said that made me feel horrible. I have been avoiding him for all that time, but, it was only because I didn't want to hurt him...! I wouldn't forgive myself if I gutted my best friend so much. I let out a sigh "of course I would Hide I love spending time with you! It's just... complicated..." I look at him, his eyes dart back "Kaneki I know you're hiding something from me, I'm your best friend why won't you tell me?" He asks "it's not the right time right now, I promise I will soon ok?" I look away. I could feel my own heart melt in my chest. I felt his hand then grip mine, I look at him. "I understand" Hide smiles. He walked through the doors with me and we went to a stand with the new published books, I picked out a few from the collection I didn't have yet then payed for them.

Hide's PoV:

Seeing Kaneki happy like this brings me joy, there's nothing like a good book that can bring him to life. Even so I know something is going on with him, there's more to it than just simple stuff like sexuality. That girl clearly got under his skin. Maybe there's something she knows that I don't? Even so, I suspect what I suspect, if I can clear it up with that girl, I might just be getting onto something.