Catch up.

Hide's POV:
I'm sure if something like a pipe to the eye isn't enough to keep him away from me for so long. There has to be more to it than just that or he's being selfish. At least I get the time we have now to discuss the situation so from now on I'll have to play along until he opens up more...

I stroke my chin and glance out the window. "It's nice weather we've been having recently." I change the subject. Kaneki still stares at me. What's gotten into him? I look at him to break the state and he instantly looks away blushing, he's not covering himself very well. I can practically read him like a book at this point, but then I've known him so long I'm not surprised. Kaneki was always the one who you would know how he's feeling, when he was sad he'd cry, when he was scared he'd hide behind you with his face in your back, when he was happy he'd have the biggest smile on his face... well around me that is. This emotion is what I remember from that date of his. Shy and awkward.

Kaneki's POV:
I look back over at Hide, he's just starting at me, he looks like he's deep in thought. I break the silence "So Hide..." I interrupted. His focus comes back "Hm? What's up bro?" Hide replies, I awkwardly rub my head "how has school been...?" I ask. His expression turns and he looks annoyed "I hate it, you're not there anymore so I don't have much to do. I don't get motivated to study now." Hide huffed, I look away "I didn't mean to be gone so long..." I say. "You'll make it up to me by hanging out with me right?" He asks. I freeze, I can't hang out with him... not anymore knowing I could hurt him if hungry. I look back at him.

"Hide I'm sorry... I can't at the moment... I uhmmm..." I look at Touka for help. "He has to help me out." Touka helped. Hide looks disappointed. "I understand" Hide sighs and stands up. "I'll see you around" he says putting his headphones on and leaves the shop. I watch him walk away put my back to the wall get out the fabric and sniff it, I let out a soft sigh as I walk behind the counter. Touka closes the shop and turns to me. "Some 'friend' of yours huh?" She flicks her hair. I turn to her "he's just my childhood friend Touka don't take it the wrong way..." I say. She rolls her eyes grabs her stuff and leaves to go home. I look back at the fabric and hold it close to my chest "oh Hide..."