Safe

Kaneki's PoV:

I smile gently, closing my eyes "that's good... because I do love you..."

"The more you tell me, the more I'm sure of it." Hide assured me, resting his hands on top of mine and tapping them.

"Thank you Hide... I feel like you save me every time I'm in danger." I said, squeezing him into the hug.

"Save you? But I didn't get you out of the place you were being held at... we just found each other." Hide looks over his shoulder at me.

"No! I mean save me as in I feel like I'm not safe until I'm with you. I know you didn't break me out like you wanted... but you don't have to do that for me to feel saved." I explain, starting to feel embarrassed now. Do I not make sense. Come on Ken... you're smart... find better words to describe it...

"I understand what you mean now," Hide hums calmly "you've always been like that haven't you? You never stopped worrying about things unless I talk with you about it. It's sweet... you know how to make me feel special Kaneki."

I smile a little "yeah... I know how to make you feel great. You know why? Because I pay attention to you, even if it didn't seem like I was. It was hard to ignore you anyways, no matter what I was doing you'd always blabber on about something."

Hide chuckles "noooo, that's not true at all! I always give you peace and quiet~"

"You sound guilty. Are you sure about that?" I ask, smiling as I gently shake him.

"Fine~ you got me, I'm very guilty of not shutting up. But, I think you secretly liked all my talking. You gotta admit, I always said something interesting~" Hide holds my hand.

"By interesting you better not be referring to when you used to point out random people that you thought were cute." I playfully glare at him.

"You're cute." Hide said.

"Not gonna work." I laugh softly "now let's stop standing, it's just going to strain your leg."