(10) Stupidity

After school when Lance was driving his car home, he couldn't stop thinking about all the awkward tension that was going on in the nurses office with Keith. It made him cringe a little just thinking about it. He was also thinking about how mad his mama was going to be about his wrist, Lance wasn't ready to explain that. As Lance was driving closer and closer to his house he was going through all the excuses that he could use in his head, but he ended up deciding to just tell the truth.

He parked his car in the driveway and before he got out he sighed as he grabbed the piece of paper that the nurse gave him and got out of his car. He walked up into his house and his mama was standing right in front of him, holding a flip flop. "I got a call from your school, Lance," she said in a stern voice, Lance gulped knowing how mad she was going to be "care to explain why you got into a fight at lunch when you were supposed to be eating my home made cooking?!"

Lance was a bit confused, so she heard about the fight, probably already heard about his broken or fractured wrist and she's upset because he didn't eat his lunch on time? Mothers am I right?

He sighed as he handed his mama the nurses note, she looked at it with disappointment and put it in her pocket. "We haven't even been here for a month mijo, and you're already getting into fights and breaking all your bones." She went to hug Lance, it was kind of awkward though because she was a lot shorter then him. "Go up stairs, we'll get an x-ray sometime tomorrow." Lance could sense the strong disappointment in her voice and he felt really guilty.

Lance went up to his room and flopped on the bed when he heard a text coming from his phone, it was Hunk and Pidge.

Pidgeon: where were you today Lance?
Cinnamon Hunk: we thought you might've ditched or something
Loverboy_Lance: I just had something come up, I'll tell you guys at school

  He stared at his phone after he turned it off to see if they'd respond, nothing, 'I guess they want to wait until school to ask more about it' Lance thought to himself. He put his phone down and store at his ceiling.

  He rubbed his bandaged arm, it didn't hurt, he was just feeling the texture of the bandages. Thinking about how this whole thing was stupid, Keith was right, he should've just stayed out of it, maybe have gotten a teacher.

  Lance was thinking of all the things that he should've done, when suddenly he heard raised voices coming from downstairs. It was his parents. He got out of his room and sat at the top of the stairway, listening to their conversation.

"We can't keep have this happening to Lance," His mama exclaimed to his papa, "what if something seriously bad happens to him? What would we do then?" His papa sighed "We couldn't move anywhere else then and we can't move anywhere else now." His mama looked at him angrily "What will we do when Lance does something dumb enough to get himself in the hospital probably by next week? What about when Sylvio or Nadia have to go to high school, do you really want Luis and Lisa to send them to Garrison High when things like that happen?" His papa groaned "Well, we can't put him in a new school. Maybe he'll eventually smarten up and he won't keep doing things like this."

  Lance could feel his eyes stinging, do his parents really think that he's dumb enough to get sent to hospital in a week? He didn't want to listen to them anymore so went back to his room. He laid on his bed thinking to himself, it really was all his fault, he got himself into these stupid messes and now even his parents thought he was an idiot.

  Lance felt a tear roll down his cheek, after that he couldn't help the rest of his tears pouring down. He just laid there with his thoughts, silently crying.

  After a while, Veronica came into his room saying that dinner was ready. Startled, Lance wiped his tears away "I-I'm not hungry." He said with a quiver in voice. "Lance, are you okay?" Veronica asked as she stepped into his room closing the door behind her. "It's nothing," Lance reassured her looking down at his cris-crossed feet feeling his tears begging to come out "I'm just a little sick."

  Veronica sat on his bed in front of him "I know you're not sick, and I know it's not nothing," she looked at him concerned "is it because of your arm?" Lance hesitated to respond, did Veronica even hear what their mama and papa said about him? If she did would she even need to ask what's wrong? 

  "Is it because of the fight at school?" She asked guessing that the silence was Lance's way of saying 'no'. This time Lance shrugged, it was part of the reason why, not the full reason though. "You can talk me Lance, I'm your older sister, that's what I'm here for." He sat there knowing that his tears were about to start pouring out at any moment.

  Veronica saw his tears starting to stain the sheets under him. Lance sniffed, not bothering to even try to stop the tears "I'm sorry," he said not looking up, to ashamed to even see her face "I'm just not hungry." He didn't want to start talking about it since he felt like if he started he wouldn't be able to stop anytime soon.

  Veronica toke the hint and left him alone "if you need anything, I'm here. I'll just say that you're not hungry." Once Lance heard the door click shut he let all his tears fall out. Eventually he was able to cry himself to sleep.

  Lance forgot to set his alarm clock and his mama came into his room to wake him up, but when she noticed all the tissues that surrounded him and the tear stains on his pillow case she decided to let him stay home today.

When Lance woke up he rubbed his eyes feeling the crust from his tears on his face and saw all the tissues all over his bed. He pushed them off the bed and into the trash can. Then when he looked at his alarm clock beside his bed he noticed it was 9:12am. "Oh crap!" Lance quickly jumped up and out of bed and started getting dressed as fast as he could.

He had no time to do his 2 hour morning routine so he just splashed his face with water and rushed downstairs. He saw his mama relaxing on the sofa while watchi-ng a Spanish soap opera.

"Mama?" Lance asked confused. "Oh mijo! You're awake. I called the school and told them you wouldn't be in today." Lance was still very confused, his mama never ever let him take a sick day if he wasn't actually dying. "Por qué?" Lance asked dumbfounded.

His mama sighed "I was going to wake you up this morning but you looked like a complete mess, you deserve a day off." He nodded his head and went back up into his room. Lance sat at his desk next to his bed, scrolling through YouTube.

Lance heard his phone buzz on his desk, it was Pidge and Hunk. If he answered he knew that they'd ask why he wasn't at school today. He didn't want to have to explain why he had a complete mental breakdown after his parents literally had a whole conversation on why he's so stupid, so he just ignored them.

Word count: 1321
I know I said that I wasn't going to do another update but I was really bored and I wanted to take a break from my other story and get my creative juices flowing through this one so don't expect another update.