(9) the Nurses Office

Once both Lance and Keith were escorted to the Nurses office by the Nurse, they both sat down on two chairs that were the farthest away from each other.

"Well it looks like both of you two will be spending the rest of the day in here due to your injuries," The Nurse said as she closed the door to the room. "Now from the looks of it of you will be fine," she continued as she grabbed Lance's wrist "you're wrist doesn't seem to be broken, but there might be a hairline fracture." The Nurse then went over to her desk to write a note down for Lance. "Here," she said as she handed the note to him "give this to your parents, just in case it is a fracture you'd want to get an x-ray."

Lance toke the note and put it into his pocket, he tried flexing and moving his wrist to if it hurt, and it hurt, a lot. The nurse gave Keith an ice pack for his face since it all red and bruised and was throbbing a little bit. She then grabbed some bandages from her desk drawer and pulled a chair over so she sat in front of Lance. As the Nurse started to wrap the bandage around his wrist suddenly she was radioed over the announcements. "Will the Nurse please come down to cafeteria," the Principal said over the intercom.

The Nurse stood up from her chair with a groan. "Lance you can finish wrapping up your wrist, Keith please keep the ice on your face, and I will be back soon, I have to take care of something," then the Nurse walked out of the room "god damn chilli," she muttered.

The two boys sat there in silence, not one of them made a sound. Until eventually Keith spoke up "Why did you try to stand up for me, it obvious that you weren't going to be able to do shit," Keith asked confused. Lance sighed "I don't know," he mumbled "but why were they picking on you anyway?" He asked. Keith hesitated to answer he was regretting starting the conversation, I guess he forgot that he was horrible at vocal communication, sometimes he wished he couldn't speak at all. But he couldn't just leave Lance hanging "It was this big misunderstanding. There was this really drunk girl who was hitting on me, and I guess her boyfriend saw and thought I was hitting on her, so then that's when him and all his friends surrounded me. And then you idiotically interfered." Keith said hoping that the conversation was know over.

Lance was a little confused, 'idiotically?' He thought to himself. 'What did Keith mean by idiotically? He literally tried to help him and now his thanks is being called idiotic.' "Wow, I try to help you and now your calling me stupid?" Lance asked a little ticked off. Keith looked at Lance as if it were obvious "Well since it's obvious that you'd get yourself hurt, you'd think you would've been smarter and walked away," He stated as he shifted himself to sit in a more comfortable position. "Well it's not like you could've handled it yourself," Lance snapped back agitated. "I could've handled it perfectly without your help!" Keith said pissed off. "Sure looked like it," Lance muttered under his breath.

Keith was slowly stirring with anger, he was trying not snap at Lance because it is true that he did try to help but it's not like he'd ever admit it. Keith just rolled his eyes and just looked the other way (which was basically just a wall) he didn't want to continue the conversation that he stupidly started. So Keith sat there thinking of all the things he'd rather be doing right now, like sleeping.

When Keith turned away Lance went back to bandaging his arm. Which was surprisingly hard to do with one hand, because if he dropped it the whole roll would unravel on to the floor.  He tried to to his best at keeping his wrist still, but sometimes he'd wrap it the wrong way and he'd feel sharp pains that he'd wince and hiss at.

Keith noticed Lance's annoying reactions to the pain and starting to get ticked off. "You're doing it wrong," he said in annoyance. Lance looked at Keith as if he was stupid "how can I bandage an arm wrong?" Keith rolled his eyes "you're supposed to wrap it clockwise, not counterclockwise you imbecile." Lance rolled his eyes back and tried wrapping his arm clockwise but then dropped the roll on the floor and it all unraveled.

"Shit," Lance mumbled under his breath. "Wow you can't do anything right, can you?" Keith scoffed as he picked up all the unraveled bandage on the floor. Then he pulled up a chair in front of Lance, "give me your wrist," he ordered. Lance hesitated before lifting his wrist up for Keith "What are you doing?" he asked nervously. "I'm bandaging your wrist what does it look like?" He said as he started wrapping the roll around Lance's wrist. "Why?" Lance asked confused "Because you're so fucking annoying, and this way you'll hopefully shut the hell up," Keith responded angrily. "Ok damn," Lance mumbled.

"If I was so annoying then why why didn't you just tell me to shu- OW!" Lance yelped as Keith pulled the bandage tighter. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!" Lance yelled at Keith. "I told you to shut up, your so loud and annoying," Keith complained. "Well sorry you can't defend yourself," Lance taunted "OW! Stop doing that!" He shouted again as Keith pulled tighter. "Then shut up," Keith ordered and after came a long pause. The only sound to be heard was the shuffle of the bandage and a random kid throwing up in the hallway.

Although Lance thought Keith was just annoyed with him, he was surprisingly good at bandaging him up. Even at first he was tightening it really hard and it hurt a lot, now it felt better somehow.

Keith finally finished and sealed the bandage together with a safety pin. Then he got up and sat back into his seat, putting the ice pack back on his face. "T-thanks, man," Lance said to Keith as he broke the silence. Keith didn't respond, he just there letting the kid puking his guts out be the only thing to be heard.

Lance actually came to realize that maybe Keith isn't this angry, easily agitated, annoying guy he thought he was. Because when he thought about it, Keith did help him fix his wrist when he really didn't have to, he oddly didn't try to fight back when those guys were going to probably beat the shit out of him witch shows that he really didn't care, or that he wanted to stay in this school for some reason. But over all, that shows that in some way, he cares. Or at least he shows it in a weird way. Lance softly smiled to himself before the bell rang meaning lunch was over.

___________________________________
Word count: 1200
I'm so sorry for this very overdue chapter, I've been very busy with school and I've been recently very unmotivated and I don't know how often I'm going to be able to update, so don't get your hopes up that the next chapter will be out soon. Sorry if there's a lot of mistakes but I hope you still liked it.