(5) Not ready for tomorrow

It was Lance's last day of a Keith free school. Keith was coming back tomorrow and Lance was internally losing his shit. He was slightly worrying that when Keith came back, he would literally murder Lance. Obviously Lance seemed completely normal on the outside, but that was only because he'd never admit to being worried about Keith. Plus, if he just kept it cool, he'd keep his bad ass, cool, popular status with the ladies.

The day was practically all normal at first, but then a few hours into the school day people started wishing him good luck and Lance had no idea why. Until Hunk and Pidge reminded him that Keith was coming back tomorrow. That's when he was internally trying to prepare himself for Keith's arrival.

"Don't worry to much about it, as long as you don't pull a Johnathan," Hunk tried to relax Lance as they and Pidge where walking to class. Lance was confused on what Hunk meant by "a Johnathan." Who the heck was Johnathan? And what did he do? "What do you mean by 'don't pull a Johnathan'?" Lance asked curiously and confused. "This kid, Johnathan, did what you did by standing up to Keith. Than Keith broke the dudes arm by twisting it the wrong way." Pidge stepped in. Lance gulped, realizing that Keith was probably going to do the same to him in a matter of time. "Well, it was nice knowing you guys," Lance said as he prayed that he would survive tomorrow. "I don't think Keith would actually pull a Johnathan on you. Just try to keep a far, far distance from him." Hunk said as he rolled his eyes covering the fact that he didn't exactly believe himself fully.

As they walked into class, everyone was just silent, as if preparing for Keith to come. At least Lance wasn't the only one who was freaking out, mentally. As he was walking to his desk, someone all of a sudden just blurted out, "Hey look, Lance is here!" Most of the class was still silent not really caring, but rest of the students where surprisingly cheerful. Then the same kid walked up to Lance, placing a hand on his shoulder, and asking "So tomorrow your going to get him expelled this time, right?" Lance froze, completely shocked by the question. Expelled? Lance was supposed to get Keith expelled? How? Lance would literally have to get beat up so bad, like worse then Johnathan, to get Keith Kogane expelled.

"Of course he's going to get Keith expelled!" One other girl shouts from a few desks away. The whole class cheered. Lance was shaking, he was paralyzed, it was going to be the end of him. He didn't just want to say that he was to chicken or something to face Keith. So instead, like a complete idiot, as if he heard none of it, Lance nodded. That was a mistake he immediately regretted from his core, he could all ready hear the music for his funeral playing in the back of his head.

"Oh please, I heard that if Keith even says something even a little offensive, he'll get expelled," some guy from across the room interjected. "I thought that Shiro would kick him out of his house if Keith said something offensive," another girl questioned as she was a little confused. "I thought Shiro already kicked him out," and then with that rumours and theories where being tossed around like a volley ball.

Lance never even heard any of these rumours before now. Were they rumours? He had no idea but it was very unlikely, the kindest human of all time, Takashi Shirogane, as though they called him. Was going kick Keith out of his house. Or was he? Lance had never actually met Shiro before. But by the stories that have been told about him and the interviews on the TV, Lance guessed that he was a pretty nice, kindhearted, trustworthy guy. Who would probably never kick a teenager out on his own house, even if it was Keith.

Eventually after class the rumours about Keith died down, sort of. In the cafeteria you could still hear whispers of Keith's name, and sometimes when people couldn't keep there voices down, pretty harsh things where spat out of there mouths.

As Lance, Pidge, and Hunk sat down to eat there food, they where quiet. Trying to listen in on people's conversations on the rumours being spread. Lance was kind of annoyed when people started idiotically calling people out on making things up yet they where obviously doing the same. This whole thing was stupid, no one could tell truth from lie anymore. It was completely pointless for anyone to even be talking about this.

Lance felt a little guilty, if he'd just have sat down before Keith could have punched him, or if he could've just kept his mouth shut, none of this would be happening. All the students would go back to ignoring Keith, Lance wouldn't be pressured into getting Keith expelled by literally letting himself get killed, and everything and everyone, would go back to being normal. So yes, Lance does sort of blame himself for this. But not completely. It wasn't his fault everyone was spreading rumours like jam on toast.

Lance sighed and turned to Pidge and Hunk. "This whole rumours thing is so stupid," he exclaimed through the silence at the table. "Yeah, everyone is just making up so much shit, I can barely remember the truth," Pidge sighed looking around the room in disappointment. "Don't say shit," Hunk commented as he took a bite out of his Mac n' cheese. "Whatever," Pidge huffed at Hunk. "I almost feel bad that Keith has to come back to all this rumour stuff," Hunk said as he rubbed his forehead in disbelief in what another table was talking about. "Ditto," Lance and Pidge responded at the same time.

Hunk looked at Lance with a confused expression as he changed the subject. "Why did you agree to getting Keith expelled, you're actually going to be put in the ER." Lance sighed and turned to Hunk. "I have no idea. I just want to forget it ever happened," Lance groaned as he put his hands over his face in embarrassment. "With a promise like that, I don't think that anyone will forget," Pidge stated. "You're. Not. Helping." Lance groaned even loader as rubbed his face, wanting to crawl in a hole and shrivel up and disappear from existence. "Don't worry to much about tomorrow. Just try too focus on today." Hunk said, trying to enlighten the mood. "Yeah, you're right," Lance smiled taking Hunks advice.

The day came to an end and Lance was walking home. He was trying to do what Hunk said and not think of tomorrow. It was semi working, but not that much as he'd like it to. Lance toke in a deep breath as he walked up to his house. He didn't want his family to know he was stressed. He walked into his house and was greeted by his family like usual. They ask about his day and stuff like that.

Lance walked up to his room and grabbed out his laptop and emailed his friend from Cuba.

loverboy_lance: dude, I really need to tell you something!

puddin_pants24: What is it?

loverboy_lance: so there is this kid named Keith in my school and he beat me up cause he's an ass and he got suspended for a few days and he's coming back tomorrow and I told everyone I would get him expelled but now I don't know what to do because I think he's going to put me in the ER and I need your advice on how to get out of it.

puddin_pants24: why don't you just fake an illness, tomorrow is Friday isn't it? Then you can have a long weekend to think about it. Maybe people will even forget on Monday.

loverboy_lance: that's a great idea! Thanks dude, so much. I've got to go prepare my illness skills. Ttyl.

puddin_pants24: good luck, bye.

____________________________________

Word count: 1355
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I put this chapter together as fast as I could so I could update sooner. I hope it's still good.