Finally Home

11 months. Sergeant Kara Danvers and Sergeant Barry Allen have been away from home for 11 whole months. That's 335 days. None of them told their family that they were coming home today. Barry couldn't wait to get home to his wife, foster father and friends. Kara couldn't wait to see her fiancée, sister and friends. She couldn't wait to see his adorable face and stormy grey eyes.

Snapping her out of her thoughts Barry said on the train, "I can't wait to see everyone again. Especially Iris."

"I know the feeling Barr." Kara replies with a huge grin on her face.

"Right. Have you guys set a date yet?"

"No." She sighs, "we haven't had the time. This deployment was longer than we expected." She said with a slight frown.

"Yeah, sorry. I understand and I'm glad Iris did too. But I have a slight feeling she'll be a bit mad." Barry said with a small smile.

That got Kara to laugh. She hasn't really smiled a lot since their deployment into Afghanistan.

Flashback:

'SERGEANT DANVERS! SERGEANT ALLEN! Boss needs to talk to you.' Sighing Kara and Barry got off their bunks and walked towards the general.

Saluting as they walked in they both said, 'General Lane'.

'At ease soldiers' he replied solemnly. Kara knew that tone all too well.

Somethings wrong.

'Sam? Did something happen. Is Clark and Lois okay?' Kara asked worried.

'No Kara, it's not that. Umm...'

'Sir, please, what's wrong?' Barry asked as but frightened by the generals attitude.

'You're both going in a mission. For 6 more months... it's...it's going to be in Afghanistan. And they'll be no communication for it's duration.' General Lane said quietly.

The colour from both their faces drained. Silent tears fell from their faces none of them bothering to clear them up.

'Can...c-can we' Barry cleared his throat before continuing. 'Can we send letters?'

'Sorry Sargent. But it's not possible from where you're based.' General Samuel Lane knew Barry through Kara and Clark. Barry was like a son to him and seeing him this hurt, hurt him too.

'I'm sorry. Really, but we need the best for the mission. I hoped that we wouldn't need you two, but no one comes close. Both battle and relationship wise.' Lane said, truthfully.

Trying to make the best of this, well predicament, I guess that's the only words she could think of at the moment, Kara ushered a small smirk saying, 'you think we're the best?'

That got Barry to stifle a small chuckle and Lane to give a humorous smirk.

'Go tell Iris and Mon el the news. They need to know ASAP.'

On that note, Barry and Kara excused themselves to break the worst news possible.

Kara stares at her laptop screen waiting for Mon el to answer. When he picked up her face lit up with joy and content.

Bold- Mon-el Normal- Kara

Hey!

Hey hon! I really missed you.

Me too. Listen. I need to talk to you.

Babe, it's okay. You can tell me anything. We are getting married so we better get used to it.