two

[Chapter two: Crowned Princess Emilia Liviana de Albion]

"Blessings and Glory upon the Albion Empire."

I heard our trusted royal knight Albert say as he bow his head. I put my sword down to face him, "Oh Albert, What brought you here?" I asked. "I came to escort you" he replied. "Oh is father looking for me?"

"Yes, his majesty has called for you" he added. "I'm in the middle of my training though, is it urgent?" I asked once more as Albert smiled, "His majesty has always been serious."

"You're right, I guess I'll stop for today" I sighed putting the sword back into the scabbard. "With all due respect Princess, I think you should stop training for a while as your coming of age ceremony is near. You'll need a lot of rest from all the preparations" he said concerned.

I chuckled, "I can't help it, everyday is training day for me. " Albert's mouth agape as I speak once more, "Worry not, I'll make sure to take plenty of rest" I added as he finally relaxed. "Thank you Princess, Now I shall escort you to the emperor" he said gesturing me the way.

When we reached the throne room, he knocked "Your majesty, the Princess has arrived" he announced as the doors opened by the two guards beside. I went inside and the Emperor signaled him to leave as he bowed, "Blessings and Glory upon the Albion Empire."

I heard the doors closing as I walked near him, "How's your training?" Father asked.

"Intense as ever" I chuckled trying to ease the stiffness of the air between us. When I saw him not responding at all so I speak once more, "Albert and I spar a lot and he said I'm improving so much." I quickly added.

"That's good because as the heir to the throne you need to be strong and smart" he replied. "Yes, father" I nod. "Also, I called you to tell you important news" he said as I remained silent for him to continue.

"You're turning of legal age in a couple of days and as part of the preparation for you to become the empress, you need to find a worthy young man as your betrothed" he announced.

"F-Father--

"I know, you are still young and I myself don't like the idea of you getting married with some noble guy but it's part of the empire's rules that you need to get married to become a ruler."

"Worry not my child, I only invited the most suitable princes around the kingdoms for you. You'll meet them at your coming of age ceremony" he continued.

I was speechless, I could not utter anything from all the words he said I was beyond shock to process everything but I need to say something, "I understand."

"Lastly, aside from a fiancée, you also need to have a knight by your side" he said. "But I already have Albert--

He once again interrupted my words,

"Albert is not enough. My daughter Emilia trust me, I am only doing this for your sake. You need to have a trustworthy knight by your side once you turn legal age for the throne. Your enemies will increase and threats will occur more often so even if you can fight I still need you to have a knight."

"But father this is too much information for once I can't find a fiancée and a knight in a short period of time." I whined.

"I know Emilia. I understand, as your father this is hard for me too. I will talk to the royal council to give you more time about the marriage but as for your knight, I want you to get one immediately. I will instruct Albert to help you."

"You know I've been preparing you for this day but our enemies have increased immensely after I decided not to get married again. We have talk about this,

"Emilia. I lost your mother, I can't lose you too."