Someone gets electricuted

Nicos POV

The water episodes were pretty epic i have to admit. I was impressed that it came so easily to alex.

After getting out of the water and receiving a few weird looks i might add, we went over to the pavillion for lunch.

Alex saw the huge crack by the pavillion and looked at me. "you made that crack right?"

I stared at her for a second kind of shocked, "how did you know that?" i asked staring at her in awe.

She laughed, said "a little birdy told me." she turned around and headed towards the food table, dragging me along beside her.

We filled our plates and i watched her expecting her to go sit down like all the knew campers do. But she walked over to the fire, scraped in a portion of her food, closed her eyes for a few seconds and then smiled and turned towards me.

"arent you going to make an offering to your dad?" she said

I walked over to the fire and did so before walking over to the Hades table an sitting down. Alex joined me and looked at her cup saying "lemonaide. With black food coloring," which made it turn a sickly black color with a green tint.

I watched as the giggled happily and took a sip of it.

After a minute of doing nothing but watching her, she noticed. "why are you staring at me?" she said with a playful smile.

I stared at her for a moment longer. "how did you know what to do? New campers never know," he said with a confused but awed expression.

She laughed, "nico you wonder about the strangest things," but that wasnt really an answer. I figured i wasnt going to get anything more out of her right now. So i started to eat.

After finishing eating, we went to the archery range to meet chiron.

"we have a surprise guest," he said motioning to a girl with black hair. A bow slung over her shoulder.

"wuzzup?" she said smiling. "im thalia. Daughter of zeus. But also a hunter of artemis," i had met thalia a few years back when she took over as the lead hunter when their previous leader Zöe was killed.

"thalia is going to help with archery and some other tests to make sure that you have blood of Artemis and Zeus." chiron said motioning us to start.

"okay," thalia said, "this is a simple test. Im going to demonstrate how to shoot an arrow and then you are going to try it. If you succeed and hit all five targets then you pass. Observe," she said pulling her arrow back. She released it and it hit dead bullseye.

"simple," she said handing the bow to alex. Alex looked at me with fear in her eyes. "i dont want to hurt anyone if i fail," she said looking down.

I pulled her chin up gently and kissed her softly. "youll do fine," i said giving her a reassuring smile.

Thalia rolled her eyes and mumbled "anytime love birds," under her breath.

I gave alex one last smile and told her to try it. She sighed but smiled, "okay," and she walked over to where thalia had been standing.

She took a deep breath and pulled up the bow. She shot five arrows faster than anyone i had ever seen. All of them hitting dead bullseye. She jumpe up and down, "i did it!" she ran over and hugged me grinning

"well" isaid with a laugh, "i guess that one proves artemis!" we turned back to thalia. "how is she going to test Zeus?" i said.

She hesitated, "the only thing i can think of is to try and shock her. If she can keep it from harming her then she passes," she said walking towards alex with her hand out.

I stepped in front of alex protectively. "are you crazy?! You could kill her!" i yelled at thalia.

She seemed unsurprised by my response.

Alex looked at me, her eyes wide. "its the only way nico. I will be okay," she said and forced a smile.

"fine," i mumbled and moved unwillingly away.

"you ready?" thalia said reaching towards alex.

She inhaled deeply, "yes. Im ready," and with that thalia moved forward and placed her hand on alexs shoulder. "nico i love you," she whispered just loud enough to hear. Thalia closed her eyes in concentration and alex closed hers as well.

After about thirty seconds i could see thalia start shaking. Harder. Harder. I took the risk and grabber thalias shoulders pulling the two apart.

Thalia was breathing heavily and the tips of her hair was burned.

Alex turned towards me with wide eyes. I was staring at thalia butthen i looked at alex

"what just happened?" i said with a worried look

"she-shocked-me!!!" thalia said between shaky breaths.

I looked at alex who looked like she was about to cry. I walked over to thalia, "are you ok?" i asked. She looked at me, "i think so," she said between breaths again.

Alex put her hand to her mouth as tears ran down her cheeks.

I walked over to alex and kissed her on the forheard. "shes okay alex, it was just an accident," i said but i dont think it helped. "im going to take thalia to the infirmary," i said walking back to thalia. "can you walk ok?" she nodded and i put my arm around her shoulder and helped her towards the infirmary. Well at least that proved zeus....