Part 2

Warning: This story from here on out may have some disturbing "images" in it (not really pictures, just the little mental images people make when reading things, are those even called images?) that some people may find... well, disturbing (go figure, disturbing images are disturbing? Call the press!). Such images may be things such as morbid objects or general stuff you'd see in a post-apocalyptic world (of course with some of the worse parts toned down a fair amount, not everything needs to be in great detail here), etc. I know there are some people who are sensitive about that stuff, you have been warned. 

If my parents could see me now... well, it's not like they would be proud.

What's to be proud of? I had broken the few rules my father had once told me, almost killed, and am now being carried across the desolate landscape to who-knows-where. Bored out of my mind, I tried to create a little game for myself like... count the intact bones we passed by!

Yep... so proud.

Not like I could have a conversation with the Pikachu carrying me because of this ball in my mouth. So my best pastime is to count the not-broken bones that we pass on our way to someplace that I can only hope isn't going to get me murdered, a basic goal, but a good one. Did I mention the Pikachu was a chatterbox?

"-green trees! Oh, the stories she told me, at least when she figured out I wasn't mean, that part took a while, but she has so much to tell! I could go on for days and days about just one of her stories! I didn't like the ones about the Extinction, but her experiences as a child were-" Yeah yeah, I don't think she knows I'm not... did she say childhood? 

"-always played with her sister! They liked to play this game called tag, something about chasing each other with the goal to tap each other which then makes the runner the chaser, or something like that. She never really liked talking about her sister though. I don't really know why, but I didn't press. Anyway, she spoke about her childhood so fondly it makes me wish I was her! It had to have-"

Sure sounds better than mine, it isn't very fun so far. Maybe she could teach me...

I think it's a good idea to ask her later.

(o^-^o)

My eyes fluttered open and I was greeted with the sight of a large fist heading straight for me. 

Oh, shi- 

Acting on instinct, I rolled to the right and barely avoided being turned into mush. Frantic, I looked everywhere around me for an explanation. Everywhere around me pokemon of various types were locked in a fight to the death. Ducking under a stray stream of fire, it clicked. The war, I'm back in the war! How am I-? Wait, where is Pearl? Dashing under legs and jumping over bodies, there was no sign of her anywhere. Putting energy into my tail, it became harder than stone, whipping around I knocked Primape aside as it tried to strike me. Breaking into a run once again, I quickly made my way to the outer edges of the fighting. Then, skidding to a stop, I tried to catch my breath.

"Where are you...?" I muttered. I took a step forward and was bowled over by another pokemon, near the end of our roll it let go and threw me into the ground, causing me to skid a short distance away. Wincing as I stood up, I glared at my assailant. It was an Arcanine by the looks of it, staring back at me with more hatred than I had thought possible.

His shout traversed the surrounding area, "I finally found you, bastard! You killed my brother! You-" 

"I did?" I interrupted, "are you sure? I've killed quite a few of those with the fire affinity around here, how can you be sure it was me?" I need to buy myself some time...