Part 1: The Beginning

-Geez, this chapter is going to be...dark, probably really dark. I swear I felt so stressed out after this one it isn't even funny, but I decided if I were going to get better at writing then I would need to step out of my comfort zone at times. God, I'm going to need to play some video games after this one or something, need to get my stress under control again. Not-so-fun fact, this may very well be the darkest chapter I have ever written. Which may not be much compared to some other stories, but for me? It is quite dark. Words just cannot explain...ugh.

BIG WARNING: This chapter may be considered Mature due to blood and probably some language! The entire story will not be like this! As far as I know, it will be just this chapter! I will not mark the whole story as mature as I am sure there is a younger audience below 17 years of age that would like to read this. And the story will not be full of blood and language (I didn't enjoy writing this chapter, to begin with).

With that out of the way, try to enjoy this? I didn't particularly enjoy it, but I'm not everyone, am I? I sure as hell won't judge you for liking it either! To each their own right?

-NFD

-DO NOT READ YET! READ THE ABOVE WARNING FIRST!-

Every day starts the same way.

I wake early in the morning, an hour or two before the sun begins to peek over the dismal horizon. Quickly and silently moving my way through my "home" and into the seemingly deserted world, but I know better than that. It is dangerous outside, and we all know it. Out here, death is a constant. Whether its cause is the Taken or the environment around it happens all the time. I have never seen living foliage outside before. Everything is just...dead.

I do not know for sure how all of this came to be, it just is. Those who claim to know the history of this world all have different stories. From a battle of the gods to disease or even a war with a being called humans. I do not believe in them, not like my sister did. I believe in the substantial evidence of what happened. So, every morning I bend some rules my father had given me and leave my shelter to find that evidence. And about a week ago, I saw something...concerning.

There was a huge building, it was old and beaten, but outside there was a large amount of Taken, although these ones didn't seem to be unintelligent. You see, Taken are known to be mindless pokemon, merely doing what they are told without a second thought, but they are dangerous and extremely unpredictable. The only way to know if someone is Taken is their eyes, they're just black. That is it, no color, no pupil, just black. So, if these ones are actually intelligent...well...

Let's just say it would be bad.

I arrived at the building I had found that day, and once again I gave in to curiosity and searched for a way inside. As they say, curiosity killed the Skitty, but that doesn't apply to me. I'm not a Skitty, obviously, what kind of Skitty has brown fur? I pushed that thought aside as I finally found what looked to be a hole in a wall. Darting between views of the Taken around me I made my way towards the hole. Once inside, I was greeted with the slight stench of blood and the fantastic view of a shelf in shambles just in front of me, effectively hiding the hole from sight.

Creeping my way around the collapsed shelf, the first thing I noticed was that it was utterly silent. Looking around the dark room revealed nothing interesting — only a bland piece of large cloth with a blue "X" on it. Disappointed, I headed towards the doorway and began to wander the halls. Hiding in the shadows or rubble laid haphazardly along the hallways seemed to work and any Taken that passed looked far too occupied to even notice my presence.