Chapter 6: Blue Feathers and Ambition

Start from the beginning

After a minute he sat up and looked to his right. There was Medoh, still as still and silent as ever since the Calamities defeat. Letting his mind slowly get lost in thought, he closed his eyes. He knew that somewhere in there his friend, acquaintance,  coworker? Link didn't actually know what to call Revali. Ever since they'd met Revali seemed to only want to antagonize and prod him to act out. Such as when they first met when, after displaying a show of power, he immediately challenged him to a duel. Link wasn't going to give in to this behavior. He was raised alongside the Royal Court and knew its inter workings well. He learned never to rise to someones challenges or to even dignify offhanded statements with a response. Link learned how to make himself as still as an undisturbed pond. Letting the words glide off his surface and never disrupting it. Revali on the other hand had no such training or conditioning. He put emotion into his every word or action, never hiding his true intentions. There was something respectable about that in it's own way. It wasn't just that first encounter, every time they trained or sat in the same room Revali would jab at him. Talking about his qualifications, skill, stupid sword, and unearned respect. Even until the day he died, Revali never thought Link was worthy of being the destined hero of Hyrule. That wasn't until Link had come back and not only freed his spirit but struck down the Calamity as well. Revali still gave him sass and still stroked his own ego; but in defeating Revali's murderer he was able to earn the power of the Gale and prove himself worthy. He didn't know what to think when he faced him in combat, but it had to be done. Link opened his eyes, squinting at the blinding sun. He sat up, put back on his champions tunic, and entered Vah Medoh.

The interior was just as he'd left it, everything was still. Dusty and empty with the majority of the inside being hollow so Medoh could fly. He moved past a few obstacles to get to his destination. The center of Medoh which led to the top. He clambered up the central portion until he reached the back of Medoh. Since the beast was sitting upright it was slanted sharply and made it difficult to traverse. Pushing his back up to the cylindrical wall and feet on the other side, that he first used to ascend Medoh, he slowly worked his way up. Since the fans were no longer active he couldn't glide which made any travel even more difficult. Slowly but surely he made it to the back of Medoh and had a little trouble standing. There it was, the main console glowing green just as he'd seen with Vah Ruta. This was it, the problem was actually getting to it. Since it was hard to keep his footing he made quick dashes around pillars and was able to but his back to them to catch a breath. He repeated this process over and over until he made it to the console grabbing onto it tightly to keep from slipping. He placed the slate in it's slot, watching a very familiar course of events take place. He selected to purge the system and he quickly grabbed the slate out of the slot. Before he could get into a combat stance the whole ground beneath him shook. He felt a large force crashing down on his back. It took a moment to realize but nothing was pushing down, he was going up. Vah Medoh had taken off.

As the familiar shriek was heard from the Divine Beasts beak his eyes moved towards the console where Malice began to pool. He readied himself, aiming a Royal Bow directly at the concentration of Malice. He'd forgotten just how much force it required to pull back this archetype of bow and it made his arms burn. Deciding against tiring himself out he quickly switched back to his signature sword and shield. He didn't look away for a moment, he kept his gaze right on the smoke that began to build. Slowly it revealed a form; a dark grayish blue with purple lights illuminating through the smoke. He had ancient tech covering his chest and body save his wings, humming with dull light. It wasn't until it reached the figure's head that a long beak began to poke through. It was shaped like Medoh's face and covered the entire face save the jaw and mouth area. A dim yellow beak barely visible amidst the cloud of smoke. That wasn't what Link held onto however, it was the two large, glowing purple eyes that stared right back into his. "Hello Link, didja miss me?" the figure smirked at him.