Chapter 5: Candied Seals

The rest of lunch was a lot less tense, we talked about the usual things: our lives, politics, the weather, just about anything. It was clear we were starting to really get comfortable around one another. The sun was still blazing hot above, casting everything in a bright glow and heavy shadows. By the end of our meal, we were enjoying the scenery and finishing our drinks. Alcatraz in the distance with the Golden Gate off to the left, it almost looked like a postcard. It all seemed to go so nicely... Until a seagull flew at the window and startled Adrian. Ginger ale spilled onto his shirt as he let out a yelp, followed by a hard stare at the dumb-looking bird standing outside the window.

"Fick..." He then muttered in German, patting his soaked shirt with his napkin.

I nearly spit out my coke, snorting and coughing in-between my laughter. "Pfff! Holy shit!" I covered my mouth in an attempt to mask my loud laughing, but it clearly wasn't working. A few giggles from the other patrons told us that I wasn't the only one who had seen.

"You saw nothing!" Adrian frowned slightly, motioning to the bird with his hand as he muttered, "Go away, you ruined my date!"

I continued to laugh, clapping my hands in the process, tears stinging my eyes. I nearly fell out of my chair and it was another good five minutes or so before I managed to calm down somewhat. "Heh, that was the best thing ever! Shame about the shirt though."

"Christ, I hope no one managed to get that on video..." Adrian grumbled to himself.

"But that way this moment will be preserved forever," I pointed out which was met with another grumble of annoyance. I only laughed again as the waiter returned with the bill. I was tempted to get dessert, but salt water taffy was waiting for me. Casually, I picked up the bill to look at the damage. Holy shit, $80. Well, that wasn't too bad, but I made a mental note that this man had expensive tastes in food... And women.

"It's ok." Adrian said, reaching out for the check with one hand, "I have this one."

"Oh baby, but you're the guest," I purred.

"I insist." he continued, lightly gripping the check tray.

"Fine..." I decided to let him have his man-moment and let go of the tray.

My date nodded and handed the check and his card to the waiter, turning back to me and saying, "The food was very good though; thank you for showing me this place."

"Any time, Addie." I smiled gently. He raised a brow at me, but nothing more. "Wait until you have the taffy though." I added, "It's like having 50 orgasms."

"It's laced with aphrodisiacs?" Came his literal reply.

"No, but it certainly feels like it."

After Adrian's card returned to him, we took our leave. I noticed a few people giggling as we walked past, probably laughing at what happened earlier with the seagull. I look over and Adrian's cheeks are tinged with a trace of pink and an embarrassed frown on his face. It's so cute... and funny. But it's clear his mood has clearly soured, and I know just the thing to bring him back. As we exited, we were again hit with an intense wall of heat that constantly pressed on us as I led the way to the taffy shop.

"It just never ends!" Adrian called over the crowd of people.

"Too hot for you, Addie?" I asked, with a look of amusement. Time to throw my plan into action! "Because if you're so overheated, maybe I shouldn't do what I had in mind."

"What did you have planned?" He wondered, genuinely curious.

"This!" I rested my hands on his face, taking a moment to caress the delicious contours of his chiseled cheeks before pulling him down to capture his lips with my own. I wasn't soft about it either as I kissed him long and hard with a heated passion that had been building within me since before the date had started.