2🌸. { Edited }

Start from the beginning

" Emma!" She yelled .

" Maddie!" I yelled in return as let my duffel bag drop to the floor and we ran to each other, hugging ourselves tightly like long lost lovers.

" Oh, my God. I missed you so much ! You have no idea." Maddie said, when we were finally apart.

" I missed you too, Maddie Moo." I replied happily.

Maddie Walker and I had been best friends for over ten years and ' Maddie Moo' is the name I started calling Maddie from the very first day I met her. It was on Halloween and we were both  in the first grade . She was the girl with sandy blonde hair who wore braces and was dressed as a cow . For some reason, other kids were making fun of her for it by 'mooing' at her like a cow does. I wouldn't say that I'm the best human in the world but one thing I hate is people making fun of other people or bullying them . Even as a little girl, it didn't sit right with me so I had to do something about Maddie's situation. I stood up for her and since then we've been best friends. We're were so close that our families became really close as well. In fact, my Mom and Maddie 's Mom  became best friends because of us . When we die, we will probably be buried in graves beside each other.

Maddie and I went on to attend the same high school even though her parents were way richer than mine . They had suggested taking to take her to an Ivy League private boarding school but she wouldn't have it. Instead ,we went to the local high school in the town and as horrible as high school was, we made it through together.

Well, high school was horrible for me not Maddie. In high school, Maddie peaked. She stopped using braces , grew taller and her blonde hair was so luster and long that people would literally stare at her as she sashayed through the hallway like she was a goddess. Also, she hit puberty really quickly and you know how teenage boys are with 'boobs'. For me, puberty did me dirty, I only started to grow in the right places when I was in the tenth grade. This, and I was considered a 'nerd' because I would spend all my time at the school's library and after school clubs. This earned me a lot of bullying and name calling from 'the popular posse' led by the meanest person ever ; Allison Reid.

For some reason, high school turned me into someone I never used to be ; A person who couldn't stand up for herself. I guess the reality of my family's situation had dawned on me and I became very insecure especially about my body. So, it was Maddie's turn to stick up for me. She never once treated me differently because of our different social statuses . Also, she stuck by me all through high school even when she had been invited severally to join 'the populars'. This is why I love her.

Boy , was I glad when high school was over. I was even happier when Maddie got into Harvard University to study Journalism and Mass Communication. This also spurred my decision to pick the Harvard scholarship. We breezed through College together and after graduation , the plan was to move to New York together . However, that plan was halted a little bit by my decision to get a Master's Degree.

Although , Maddie was also a grade A student , she didn't see the need for " more fucking stress" like she called getting a Masters Degree . I couldn't blame her. Being a student in Harvard will drain you. Countless text books, research papers , you name it. So, I could totally understand why she didn't want anymore of that.

Maddie moved to New York because she got a job  in Vogue Magazine which was always her dream . I , on the other hand went on  to do my masters . The next plan of ours was that I would move to New York when I was done with it and everything was coming into place until Dad's incident. Well, I guess the up side of everything is that I get to be with Maddie again.

" You look so good. " I commented on the fact that Maddie looked amazing even though all she was wearing was tank top, high-waist shorts and a cross bag across her body.