"Just take it easy," I said with finality. With a short nod of his head, he served me our prepped lunch and joined me at the table.
"Told your folks?" He asked.

"About us working for Raizon? Not entirely but enough to rest their minds about the coverup. I know I have to tell them everything because the man I want to marry is practically a mafia son," I replied rubbing my face harshly.

"Moment of truth had to come so tragically. How's the therapy going?"

"It's going. Who knew learning how to walk again can be a bitch. The docs did a great job though and my recovery is great. Maybe in a few weeks I can ditch these crutches and go to a cane," I returned.

"That will be great, dude. Hopefully this threat will blow over and I can be relaxed in my own home and work," he commented. His words brought me back to the situation at hand. This interest came out of no way. I have to look up on this guy. Gianni came to mind. He wore his emotions on his sleeves and when he finds out the truth, everything will finally be out in the open. All I have to do now is wait.

"Mr. Caine?"

Michael began to choke on his food, covering up a laughter when I outwardly flinched and grimaced by the sickly sweet voice of my therapist.Thank heavens my back was towards her. This was one of the reasons I loved having Ari around. I can never get the strength to break it down to females who gets attached to me so quickly.

"Yes, Miss Stewart," I returned. The bubbly blonde rounded the table and immediately went into her scolding mode. "You should always elevate you leg. Your muscles are still in recovery," she said lifting my injured leg on the chair beside me.

"Thank you, Miss Stewart. Is there anything I can help you with? I know my session starts in an hour," I pressed. She glanced Michael's way who just got himself much more comfortable in his seat and began to eat slower. He was definitely curious and wanted to see the show. I kept my expression stoic but kept an eye on hers and her body language. Her cheeks were red with either embarrassment or nervousness. She held herself in a confident manner but the twisting of her fingers confirmed my deduction of her being nervous.

Not again.

"Miss Stewart?" I pressed even more when she grew silent.

"I came to remind you of the water therapy we have planned today," she rushed out.

"Very well, thank you,"I returned. She already told me of this the previous day. That was probably a replacement of what she was about to say. I feigned negligence for her sake because I know she was feeling mortified about now.

"I'll just go get everything ready," she said quickly and left the kitchen in the same manner.

"You better tell her. Ari isn't here to play loving girlfriend," Michael said chuckling.

"She plays that role so well," I mused with a grin on my face. Michael rolled his eyes at me and reclaimed the gusto he began to eat with.

"Ray better cherish that role of hers when she wakes," he muttered.

""Everyone has a bit of vulnerability in them," I said giving him a nudge. He scoffed and changed the subject to something more relevant to us.

Sweet Ari. I wonder when she will wake up to have the most dangerous man at her beck and call.

Raizon

Two weeks.

Two weeks since the ambush and sending my little brother away. Two weeks of being by my kitten's side and celebrating each mile stone she made with coming back to consciousness. I questioned every feeling I had whenever I touched her even my bold action of kissing her cheek before I leave her every morning. I had no one to talk about this new experience, well I do, but I didn't want him to think of me going soft.
The care for another person outside of my blood and mafia family never happened. This is why my attachment and obsession with Arianna baffles me completely. I find myself thinking of her during my days when I'm away from her. Dinner is no longer in my office but beside her as I recap my day to her. May it be morbid or utterly blue collar, I told her everything.
Currently I'm in the office at one of my restaurants, Gia's was the second establishment  my father had built in commemoration of Giani's birth. This and four other businesses in America were simple legal ones as for many others in Paris, Italy and the Bahamas. The police saw them as coverups for the darker side of the Delacourde Empire but they are all part of my father's passion.