~Chapter 19~

The morning was met with Connor gently shaking your shoulder. The dread of waking up and leaving his side kept you still.
"Y/N, you need to wake up." In hopes of him allowing you a few more minutes of sleep, you remained completely stiff.
"I know you're awake." Connor deadpanned. He shook your shoulder again. You groaned softly and rubbed your eyes.
"...Why?" You felt Connor tilt his head at your question.
"Why to what?"
"Why'd you have to wake me up?" Connor glanced to his left.
"Because Hank told me to." You smiled at the thought of you being on Hank's mind. Speaking of whom, you heard a few dishes being clattered and sink water running.
"How'd you even know?" Your voice came out tired and soft.
"Well now you're just buying more resting time." Connor replied. And you swore you could almost hear a laugh. Almost.
"But, to answer your question, I can analyze and monitor your vital organs. Including your heartbeat." He replied in his classic monotonous explanation.
"Hm. That's weird. But cool at the same time."
"Now get up." Hank hollered from the kitchen. You groaned and sat up at his call. There wasn't anymore avoiding the inevitable. You stood up and made your way to the bathroom.
"Do you need any assistance?" Connor asked, turning his body to face you.
"Going to the bathroom? No thanks." You chuckled and continued on your way.
The rest of Hank's off-day was spent over a human-made breakfast and casual chatter.
"Would you like to go on a walk?" Connor faced towards you in his seat.
"What? Connor, no, it's raining." You objected.
"A little rain didn't stop anyone. Anyways, I'm sure Hank has an umbrella?" A slight smile twitched at his lips.
"Yeah, sure." The older man rolled his eyes from somewhere near you.
"Let's go!" Connor gained a happy burst of energy seemingly out of the blue. You smiled along with him. Grabbing a plain-colored umbrella at the door, the two of you fled out into the rain.
"You seem happy." Your soft mumble of a comment met the Android's ear.
"...Is 'happy' the correct emotion for what I'm feeling?" Connor asked. You agreed on the thought as Connor explained what he was thinking. The tone of voice Connor spoke in as he was explaining his newfound emotions dragged you into a sense of security. Soon enough your shoulder was against his as he held up the umbrella with his other hand, and then both your hands were clasped around each others.
A pleasant conversation took over the hazy clouds and rain falling around you overhead. You don't remember what you talked about, but you enjoyed every second of it. This is what talking with Connor used to be like before...well. And now you would never take these moments for granted.
"And that's why I enjoy being next to you so much." You snapped out of the daze while Connor spoke.
"Hm?"
"You don't care that I'm not human. You'd talk to me like I was any other person." Those bronze eyes glanced down at you. That one strand of hair drifted down over his forehead. No matter how many times you looked at him like this, your heart would melt.
"Connor..." You paused to smile at him. "I'd never treat you any less. You're just as human as anyone else." His larger hand reached down to hold yours.
"I mean. Aside from, y-you know." Your eyes flickered from your hands to his face as you stuttered.
"That means the world to me, Y/N. I hope you know that." Connor ducked his head down to place a gentle kiss on your hand. In seconds your face erupted in a dark red blush. Connor only smiled and proceeded the walk, still holding your hand. The place where his lips had met your hand tingled with excitement. Your walk with him continued, until a stranger bumped into your back from behind. You muttered an apology. You met with hazel eyes, and soaked shoulder-length brown hair. The once hurried womans face turned to one of panic. Your hand left Connor's as you stood to face the familiar woman.
"...Amelia?"
The now terrified woman took a step back.
"Amelia, how are things going in here?"
Neither of you knew what to say to the other.
"I want to be free, Y/N."
The stiffness of the air around you could be shattered.
"...I'm sorry Y/N. I really am."
A smile set on your face. All of the memories that had been taken from you recollected back into your mind. The searing pain, the tears and blood. In a weak attempt to run away, you ran into the bathroom to lock yourself away. Amelia hit you relentlessly, sending you to hit your head over the counter of the bathroom. That's when your new life began.
"Y-Y/N, oh no, I-I'm so sorry-" The runaway deviant burst into a nervous mess. "I didn't want to, I just wanted-" You cut her off with a few simple shakes of your head. The rain poured over both of you.
"It's okay. Don't worry about that right now." Amelia had her fingers tied in a knot, trying to calm her stress. The way she was feeling right now reflected your emotions on that fateful night.
"It...It took me too long to realize, but," You snuck a glance at Connor behind you. "you're alive. I know that you can express emotions just like any other human." You took a cautious step forward, slightly opening your arms for a hug. Amelia almost immediately fell into your arms. Her synthetic skin contrasted with your rough, scarred skin. Scars from how she had attacked you before.
"You're alive. I'm sorry that I couldn't realize that sooner." You felt hot tears well up as you held your former 'property' in your arms.
"Thank you." Her shaky whisper met your ear. After a silent moment of reminiscing and healing wounds, you both pulled away from each other.
"You should go now, before people stare." A saddened smile creeped up on you.
"R-Right. Thank you, again." Amelia muttered before hustling to where she was walking before the run-in.
You turned back to face Connor. His LED flashed yellow multiple times as he stared on at the deviant running to...wherever she was going. You hoped it was somewhere safe. Somewhere she could be free. Reaching for Connor's hand, you gave it a gentle squeeze.
"Let her go." You whispered.

I coincidentally named your Android Amelia, which just so happens to be Bryan's wife's name. I didn't realize until I actually started watching their live-streams *cough* stalking them *cough*.
Anyways I hope you enjoyed this poor excuse of a chapter.
Until next time, Pixel Crew!