~Chapter 12~

You didn't remember anything after what had happened in the station. Aside from Connor comforting you in the car, saying everything was over. Then that means you must have fallen asleep. Your prediction ended up being true, after you found yourself on the living room couch once again. You moved the blanket off of you as you sat up. Every light was off, except for one light nearby. Your eyes traveled around the room until you found who you were looking for.
"...Connor?" You voice came out frail. Most likely due to not speaking for a few hours. Standing in the corner in front of the window, his LED illuminated a bright blue against the darkness of the room at your voice. The color circulated a few times before he "woke up".
"You're awake. How did you sleep?" His head turned to see your face. You were slow to respond.
"I'm more confused than anything." You replied honestly, a shy smile on your face that nobody could see.
"You fell asleep during the car ride home." Connor stood up, only to sit down beside you on the couch.
"What time is it?" You asked, not able to see the clock mounted on the wall before you. Connor's LED faded into yellow, until it switched back to blue.
"Approximately 4:47 AM. Hank and Sumo are asleep." He answered. You nodded, then your eyes trailed off into the distance. The only turned on light illuminated some areas of the living room so you could see. A shelf above and right to the television showed a few pictures along with some potted plants. A desk to the right, tucked away in the corner held a laptop and other random objects. This house gave off a very lived-in feeling to it. It was cozy. To your left past Connor, you noticed a small collection of jazz vinyls. No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't imagine Hank listening to jazz music. But it was a nice thought. Outside, you started to hear faint rain droplets outside. You once again turned to Connor, sitting cross-legged on the tan-colored couch.
"Thanks for..." You pulled the blanket over yourself again, gesturing to it. "you know." Connor nodded dutifully.
"Of course. Hank told me to do so." That was...odd. You opened your mouth to ask why, but the Android spoke before you could.
"I apologize about the... confrontation with Gavin. I should have followed you into the building." You immediately went to dismiss the apology, but your words caught in your throat. Suddenly you remembered his disgusting hands on you, and feeling lost, scared, and confused all together.
"I'll make sure to do something about getting him fired." Connor spoke, partly to you and himself. Your eyes widened in shock.
"Wait, what? No Connor, it really isn't that serious-"
"Yes, it is." He replied firmly. "That type of behavior is inappropriate in a work setting, or anywhere for that matter." You remained quiet. Your eyes trailed down to the wood floor below.
"I promise you, Y/N. You won't seen Gavin ever again." You found Connor's dark brown eyes. They appeared to sparkle due to the light from the lamp. After a moment of hesitation, a tiny smile formed on your face. Connor seemed content with that.
"Uh, anyways. Why did Hank order you to give me a blanket? He wouldn't do that, at least I can't imagine him doing that." You questioned yourself. The Android thought over his words before he spoke.
"...He was very worried for you. You were asleep while he spoke to me in the car." Connor started. "He told me how his hands were nearly shaking as he held the gun to Gavin. He didn't actually want to shoot him. Hank told me how he felt when he saw your terrified eyes. I couldn't quite understand, but..." Connor's voice drifted off into uncertainty.
"...he really seems to be warming up to you." You felt a feeling you couldn't really describe. It was a good feeling, no doubt.
"Most likely because you are human, and he may be seeing a past family member in you." Connor added on. You looked back up at him.
"Past family member? What do you mean?" You inquired. He hid his face while he was deep in thought. You could still see his blinking yellow LED.
"I don't think Hank would appreciate me telling you that right now. Maybe you could ask him another time- just not right now. I wouldn't want your friendship to falter." A soft "Oh" ended the conversation. The rain patterned against the window outside. A comfortable silence fell against you and the Android. Connor suddenly stood up.
"I recommend that you sleep now. Dawn will break soon, and it's been a long night for you." As he spoke, you studied his face. He wasn't looking at you. When he spoke to you, he usually looked down at you with those kind eyes.
"Connor?" Your voice was soft. "Do you have something on your mind? His head turned to look at you. His LED signified he was processing information once more.
"...I just have a few questions about you, if you don't mind." That surprised you. Usually you were the one to ask questions.
"Well...sure." You allowed him to ask. He remained standing in the center of the room.
"When I was in your home, I noticed a framed picture of you and your parents." Connor spoke. "Do you remember them at all?" After staring into a dark corner in thought, you looked back up to him.
"...No. Not at all." It hurt to say that. Most people know who their parents are. Why did this have to happen to you? Connor paused.
"I'm sorry." You gave a confused expression to him.
"I know it isn't your fault, but... No one should have to experience this." Your expression shifted to a gentle smile. You patted the couch cushion next to you.
"You look weird, standing like that. Sit down." You joked. Connor complied, returning to his seat to your left. You played with the soft blanket with your fingers. All you could think about was the past events of today. It hurt.
"Also," Connor chimed. "while I was searching for your spare clothing, I found your phone on your bedside dresser." He acted the machine equivalent of nervous. You leaned over to see his dimly lit face.
"And?" You pushed.
"The picture of the wallpaper was you, standing beside another man. You were smiling." Connor's eyes flickered to yours, then looked away once more. "Do you recall anything about this person?" You held your hands together as you returned to deep thought. You think you'd be able to remember something that had nothing to do with the incident, right? Why can you remember people that were so close to you? What's is wrong wi-
A hand held your shoulder.
"Relax. You're overthinking. It's okay if you can't remember now. The healing process takes time, and we have plenty of it." Connor gave a goofy-looking smile.
"O-Okay. Sorry." The Android stood up once again.
"Try to get some more sleep. It maybe beneficial." He returned to his corner in the living room. You nodded absentmindedly. Once you made yourself comfortable in the blankets and pillows once again, you caught a glimpse of Connor's LED flickering between yellow and blue.
"Goodnight, Connor." You mumbled for no particular reason. It just felt right.
"Goodnight Y/N."

I don't really know what to say, other than I hope you enjoyed!
Until next time!